But what I hate more than the
    poetry
    Itself
    Is the lameasses who dig it
    And fall for it
    And suck the dicks of everyone
    Who writes like this.

The End.

Wow Doc you touched me you really did that was all deep and meaningful n stuff (imagine I sound stoned)

Completely agree.
    Jack Faire
    Friend
    Father
    Smartass

Comment

Whoah! I'm TRIPPIN' BALLS!

And also, yeah.
      All units: IRENE
      HK MP5-N: Solving 800 problems a minute since 1986

Comment

It began in tenth grade
        When a teacher said unto us
        A poem, will you write
        For a grade upon this night

My word
        What brilliant stars
        I proclaimeth thee a savant
        Thy poem hath stirred the soul
        A+ Good Work Bob *smiley face*

And thus began
        My
        Journey to the Soul
        As I lay my veins bare

For my tenth grade class
        Is where my literary loins were sewn
        And frometh there
        I shall enter into the tomes
        of Poetry.com
        The Internet Is One Big Glass House

Comment

Fricking eh!

I could go into a rant, but I won't. It'll get long, very, very long. Let's just say, everything you write in your journal isn't poetry and EDIT dammit!

Comment

Is it worth pointing out that I did a Best Man's speech in poem form?

Eighty lines, in twenty four-line stanzas - it had a regular rhyming scheme and it damn well scanned properly. Not like this free-verse bollocks that's taken over through being able to say that anything is 'free verse'. Put some effort into what I did.

Rapscallion
            Proud to be a W.A.N.K.E.R. - Womanless And No Kids - Exciting Rubbing!
            Reclaiming words is fun!

Comment

What is sad is that I myself was guilty of this in my early 20s.
              Jack Faire
              Friend
              Father
              Smartass

Comment

Sadly, I probably was too at one point It's probably why I don't do any songwriting anymore. It all just sounded so lame I couldn't play it with a straight face and actually feel good about myself.

Comment

I don't write much anymore at all and I finally realized it's cuz my writing really isn't that good.
                  Jack Faire
                  Friend
                  Father
                  Smartass

Comment

I used to do that kind of crap sarcastically for High School english assignments. I stopped because the teachers never got that I was being sarcastic, and thought I should submit the stuff to newspapers and such.

Comment

I write almost exclusively freeverse. Frankly rhyming almost alway sounds forced, when pretty much anyone does it.

The problem I find with younger people (teenagers) writing is that they think all poetry must rhyme it really doesn't have to. That and when the do rhyme their vocabulary consists of them rhyming bat with cat and so on. They also seem to think that text speak is just fine, and editing is not required because it's their "feelings". Yeah I write my feelings to, but I do so with the help of a spell checker and numerous edits thank you very much.

Comment

Originally posted by muses_nightmare View Post
                        I write almost exclusively freeverse. Frankly rhyming almost alway sounds forced, when pretty much anyone does it.
                        Me too. I agree.

My work must suck.

I don't really care. I don't write it for anyone else.
                        Point to Ponder:

Is it considered irony when someone on an internet forum makes a post that can be considered to look like it was written by a 3rd grade dropout, and they are poking fun of the fact that another person couldn't spell?

Comment

I used to write poetry to express my feelings; however, it stayed in my journal and never was shown to anyone. I've put some of it up on DA, along with a couple of my creative writings, but I did put effort into it, I didn't just mash the keyboard.

Emo poetry is what I thought of when I read the title of the thread. -.-
                          "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

Comment

Like other things, I believe poetry is private and should be kept to one's self, preferable behind closed doors.

Comment

Originally posted by Vagabond View Post
                              Like other things, I believe poetry is private and should be kept to one's self, preferable behind closed doors.
                              It would be a shame if everyone thought like that. We wouldn't have been given the opportunity to read Tennyson, Yeats, Longfellow....

Comment

Working...
                              X