Colposcopies And Other Womanly Woes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colposcopies And Other Womanly Woes

I know, I know, other people have it worse than I do and I need to suck it up, take some Aleve, grab the heating pad, get some exercise, and deal with it, but I need to rant.

I had another abnormal Pap back in December and I had to have a colposcopy (please make sure you read that right...NOT a colonoscopy). It's very uncomfortable, slightly painful (especially if they have to scrape) and you leak the stuff they used on you for several days.

I haven't had a period in years because of my shot.....every time I get a colposcopy (although my last one was 2 years ago) I have to use pads again (no tampons allowed for this procedure) and be in total pain and discomfort for a week or more while all that crap they used on me (iodine, for example) leaks right out of me and I have yellow and brown STUFF leaking out of me and filling up pads within hours and cramping very similar to menstrual cramps the entire time because I can only assume, the stress of the scraping and plucking of the bad cells they took as samples.

I am NOT used to this and it fucking sucks. And it is SO GROSS I can hardly stand it. I'd rather be gushing blood from a cut or vomitting Exorcist style than having what looks like coffee grounds and sloppy MUD coming out of me.

Ugh. I'm sorry hun. I thought pap smears were bad enough, but you just proved me wrong. *offers lots of pain relievers*
    "It's after Jeopardy, so it is my bed time."- Me when someone made a joke about how "old" I am.

Comment

That's odd. I, like you, have to have pretty regular colposcopies as my pap smears are always, always, always abnormal. I'm not sure if it's because you're on the Depo shot, but I've never had any leaking or discharge after my procedure. Nor do I find them intensely painful. Yeah, they're uncomfortable, but not really more so than the pap smears.

Like I said, maybe the shot changes things for you, but it's so odd that there'd be two different reactions like that.

Comment

Originally posted by blas87 View Post
        (please make sure you read that right...NOT a colonoscopy)
        Guilty. Glad I read it wrong. Then I kept reading. Then I wasn't so glad I read this thread. But I am glad I'm still kinda drunk.

That sucks major ass, blas. Hope everything's ok!

And on that note, don't drink and Fratch kids.
        Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Ugh, that does not sound fun. My sympathies.

Get thee a warm blanket, tea (or sumthin stronger) and just bury yourself in as much comfort as possible for a few hours.

feel better soon!

Comment

I'm not sure what it is, either.

I'm hoping it's done now. This was a really bad week, and it ruined my weekend with my boyfriend.

Comment

I've had to do two of those and they SUUUUUCK!!! The first was in September of 08 and everything went ok. Barely hurt and it turned out to be a false positive. But then this past August I had another abnormal pap and oh my GOD it was terrible. I don't think my BC has anything to do with it since that didn't change since the last time.

I had to go out and buy those huge, diaper-like pads and I was completely disgusted. Not to mention the terrible cramping. They decided to give me the Gardasil vaccine that same day, which also hurts like hell. I almost fainted afterward, and I usually don't react like a "delicate flower."

I have to go back for a pap in April and I'm PRAYING I don't get another abnormal...then I have to repeat this all over. Not to mention I just paid them back the $75 I owe for the procedure. And yes, I have insurance. I don't even want to think about how much it would cost without it.

PM me or send me a message on Facebook if you ever wanna talk more! There's not many people I can bitch about this stuff to. Lol. Feel better!

Comment

The doc got the results back. Again, like two years ago, it was mildly abnormal, so they don't do anything, you just keep going back every 6 months until you have 2 years of normal Paps. I was THISCLOSE to 2 years of good ones

It's a fricken vicious cycle. I swear.....abnormal, normal normal normal, abnormal, colposcopy......even with insurance, it isn't effing cheap!

And yes, those pads are AWFUL. I was able to get away with little maxis, but I was going through one of those every 2 hours at work, so I had to bring like 5 with me....but that was only for the first few days afterwards.

I'm so done with it all....just take everything out.

Comment

I'm sorry, blas. It doesn't sound fun.

The important thing is that they don't find anything seriously wrong.

Comment

You have my sympathies, Blas. Sometimes womanhood is such a freakin' drag. *hug*
                    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people...

Comment

Working...
                    X