Drunks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drunks

I don't mind people who are chemically merry.

However...

I've just got back from A&E (Accident and Emergency) where my father's awaiting X-rays. Abdominal pain, passing blood, all started this morning, and I've had to watch him writhe in agony begging for either painkillers or a bullet.

In the background, what with this being Saturday night, came the plaintive cries of alcohol-fuelled Tourettes. "Fuck, wank, bollocks." I'm watching my father asking for death or drugs, and they're drunk and incapable of coherent speech. From what the nurse said, several of them are multiple repeat offenders.

Rapscallion
    Proud to be a W.A.N.K.E.R. - Womanless And No Kids - Exciting Rubbing!
    Reclaiming words is fun!

I'm sorry to hear that, man. My thoughts are with you and your father.

There's drunk and then there's drunk. The latter usually involves getting into my peronal space and being generally dangerous and antisocial.
    The Internet Is One Big Glass House

Comment

I need to stop drinking wine. At least I took my heartburn medicine finally and got the fan on.

Anywho, I don't get why people think getting drunk means a free pass on dumb stuff. I've been drunk. A fair amount. But no matter how drunk I've been (I've managed to hit puking my brains out for well over an hour), I never loss control of my actions to the point where I made I accidentally do really really dumb stuff. Except for calling one of my friends really hot. But she is...
      Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Your poor dad. Please keep us posted on how he's doing.

I always find myself hoping I was never *that* awful back in my heavy drinking/partying days.

Comment

He's improved, thankfully, but I'm not certain they've found the cause.

Rapscallion
          Reclaiming words is fun!

Comment

Far better now, though symptoms still exist. He's caught up on his rest and fluids. Tonight, my mother and I catch up on our rest.

I've bribed his nursing team with chocolate - always a winner.

My father's opinion of the drunks - the parking area was relatively quiet on Saturday night, so he reckoned set up a field hospital out there with one attendant to throw blankets on those sleeping it off, and save the medication for people who truly needed it.

I like his style.

Rapscallion
            Reclaiming words is fun!

Comment

Yikes! Sorry to hear about your father... what are a bunch of drunks doing in the emergency room in the first place?
              "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Are they still running tests on him, Raps?

Comment

Originally posted by HYHYBT View Post
                  Yikes! Sorry to hear about your father... what are a bunch of drunks doing in the emergency room in the first place?
                  Went out, got wankered, often scraped and bruised from falling over or fighting for reasons they won't remember, or even remembering the fights. Completely self-inflicted.

As to tests, yup - definitely. Took a load of blood for tests yesterday, or so he told me.

I slept well last night. Really well.

Rapscallion
                  Reclaiming words is fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Rapscallion View Post
                    Went out, got wankered, often scraped and bruised from falling over or fighting for reasons they won't remember, or even remembering the fights. Completely self-inflicted.
                    And that's why I'm not supposed to drink without a helmet on

Glad to hear your dad is doing better. Hopefully they find the cause quickly and get him back to 100%.

CH
                    Some People Are Alive Only Because It's Illegal To Kill Them.

Comment

I;m glad your Dad is doing better. I also like the term "Chemically Merry". You do have a way with words Raps.
                      If I can't bitch, I'll explode- blas87

Comment

He's back home.

Rapscallion
                        Reclaiming words is fun!

Comment

That's a relief.
                          "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

I'm glad your dad's back home, Raps. Did they find the cause?
                            People behave as if they were actors in their own reality show. -- Panacea
                            If you're gonna be one of the people who say it's time to make America great again, stop being one of the reasons America isn't great right now. --Jester

Comment

Looks like a severe reaction to the antibiotic. It's apparently known to make it look as if you're shitting out your liver and agonising stomach pains in the process in a few people, but there were no actual warnings about this.

Rapscallion
                              Reclaiming words is fun!

Comment

Working...
                              X