Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

That my little girl is growing up (I know silly)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That my little girl is growing up (I know silly)

I know this is a silly thing to hate but felt like lightening the mood around here a bit. My daughter turns 9 next week and this weekend we are going to celebrate her birthday.

I love this time in her life. She still loves cartoons and I am still her hero. I am still awesome and one of the cool guys. Soon I will be the dorky dad that embarrases the heck out of her.

I am gonna cherish every moment I can cuz these days pass all too soon.
    Jack Faire
    Friend
    Father
    Smartass

You'll enjoy being the dorky dad too I'm sure, most parents say that's the most fun.
    I am a sexy shoeless god of war!
    Minus the sexy and I'm wearing shoes.

Comment

Not silly at all Jack. There will always be that part of us that wishes our kids could stay little forever. Heck my oldest son is 18 and on his own in the Air Force. While I am very proud of him, a lot of times I still see him as a tiny newborn wrapping his tiny hand around my finger. I also see him as a 5 year old on his first day of kindergartin. Confident and excited.

Of course I also went through that stage where I was uncool and embarrassing to him. I'm going through it with my 17 year old right now LOL.

Right now though my 10 year still thinks I'm pretty cool. He still likes to give hugs and kisses, and tell me I'm the best Mommy in the world. I know this won't last.

So Jack you are right. Cherish this time with your little girl. Even when you are the dorky dad, deep down she will still think your awesome.
      If I can't bitch, I'll explode- blas87

Comment

Working...
      X