Acting Gay to Pick Up Chicks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acting Gay to Pick Up Chicks

I'm starting to think my friend's roommate is purposely trying to act gay in order to pick up chicks. Originally he was setting off my gaydar when he started hanging out with my group of friends. I wasn't sure if it was just me, but when I discussed it with everyone else, they all agreed that they think he honest to God is. But now I've noticed a trend. He pulls the acting gay stuff more around women. It's like he's pulling a Governor McGreevy(sp?). He pretends to be interested in girls for appearances sake, but he's really in the closet. And it annoys me cause he keeps doing it around chicks I'm chatting with.

I don't care if he's gay or not, but if he's not gay, he's gotta stop pretending he is for attention.
    Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Unless he straight up says "I am gay" then there is no issue here. Believe it or not everybody doesn't fit into Hollywood stereotypes. It could be he is straight but effeminate, or even bi.

I'm actually reminded of the character from SLC Punk who loves women but also believes in romance and has alot of style so people think he is gay for dressing nice and treating women with respect, when the truth couldn't be more different.

Comment

It's just tough cause I've done a ridiculously good job of knowing who was gay in my life without them admitting it, and he REALLY sets it off.
      Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

How does he act gay (and how does this get girls)

Comment

Originally posted by elsporko View Post
          (and how does this get girls)
          You have obviously never heard of fag hags.

Ok, real reason, there are a lot of inecure women out there, and even with fairly confident women the ego boost they get from thinking they're good enough to turn a gay man straight is massive.
          I am a sexy shoeless god of war!
          Minus the sexy and I'm wearing shoes.

Comment

Originally posted by elsporko View Post
            How does he act gay (and how does this get girls)
            Originally posted by Nyoibo View Post
            Ok, real reason, there are a lot of inecure women out there, and even with fairly confident women the ego boost they get from thinking they're good enough to turn a gay man straight is massive.
            This, along with it seems like every girl wants to have a best-gay-friend. So by pulling this on girls I'm talking to, he's boxing me out.

And how does he act gay? Well, he listens to Lady Gaga, Britney Spears, other horrible pop stars. He will do a lot of gay jokes, which normally I wouldn't care as I enjoy messing with friends by putting a hand on the shoulder every now and then, but he does it so often and doesn't let it, it really makes you wonder. And as I said, it's not just me who thinks it. Everyone in our group of friends has confirmed they think the same thing.

Comment

I've had super hetero friends who make gay jokes and listen to pop music. It doesn't mean they are gay. It means they make gay jokes and have a bad taste in music (except for Lady Gaga)

Comment

He takes the gay jokes too far though. Like trying to motorboat me, keeping his hand on my shoulder, etc. etc.

Even one of our gay friends said this guy sets of his gaydar.

Comment

Oh, just ask him.
                  "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

In my experience gay people don't take gay jokes as far as straight people because it would be awkward for them.

Comment

Originally posted by HYHYBT View Post
                      Oh, just ask him.
                      Denies it. Even gets pissed off when people suggest it. Which makes me wonder why he still acts it if it bothers him being called gay. I'm 99.99999% sure he's in the closet.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenday View Post
                        I don't care if he's gay or not, but if he's not gay, he's gotta stop pretending he is for attention.
                        He's probably not doing it on purpose.

Men tend to act more "manly" when they're in a group of guys; when women are added to the mix, they soften. ALL men do it, even if they're not flirting.

I have a sneaking suspicion that a lot of guys are more "themselves" when talking to women or in mixed groups than when they're putting on a macho front for their buddies.

If your friend is gay and closeted, he'll be hyper-aware of maintaining a "manly" demeanor with a group of men. He'll relax in a mixed group, since he'll perceive it as safer to do so.

Comment

As I've mentioned, we have gay friends. We don't treat them any differently so he shouldn't feel threatened by us. And I've never seen him with a "manly" demeanor.

Comment

He could just be really effeminate. I have two friends who would set off anyone's gaydar, but one is happily married and the other happily engaged to women.

Comment

If he really is gay, I'm sure he'll eventually come to terms with it and be able to admit it. Sometimes it just takes some people a while to feel comfortable "coming out of the closet."

Do you know him well enough to know what kind of environment he grew up in? Specifically, does he have several sisters, or did he grow up in an environment with a lot of females? I don't have any hard data to back this up, but it sometimes seems like guys who have several sisters or who grew up around a lot of females sometimes tend to be like this.

Personally, I only have one sibling, a sister. However, I wasn't around my dad very often while growing up since he worked second shift and was usually gone in the evenings when I was home from school. Consequently, most of my time while growing up was spent in the presence of women. In all honesty, I don't think I'm effeminate. However, I have found that I do some things and look at some things the way women usually do.

Comment

Working...
                              X