people using my e-mail address

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• people using my e-mail address

My gripe for today is about the fact that some people apparently have a REALLY hard time getting their e-mail address correct when registering for websites, and so I end up getting their e-mails. (and yes, I know I can block things, but when it keeps happening with the same people, it gets tiresome)

This has mainly been an issue with a few women in Minnesota - "Ella" was registering for dating websites using my e-mail address instead of her own, and although I was able to get the said profiles canceled, she kept re-registering. So I finally ended up logging into the site, and changing the e-mail address/password to gibberish.....I suppose I could've contacted their customer service, but I had no way to prove that I wasn't "Ella".

And then we have "Susan", who's registered on sites like Classmates.com and local news sites using my e-mail address.

I once had an email from Bebo and someone had apparently used my email addy to sign up for an account. I contacted them, told them that I was not this person and would appreciate if they deleted the account. They did. They also sent me an email apologising, tho it wasn't really their fault, as well as a link to the account so I could see for myself that it was deleted.
    "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

Comment

Well, with the first lady whom I'd mentioned......it wasn't that I couldn't get the dating site accounts canceled, it was the fact that she kept re-registering and STILL used my e-mail address intead of her own. (I believe Match.com was the site involved, although I don't recall for certain)

Comment

the email I use has a dot inbetween my first and last name eg kiwi.land@mail.com

no one ever sees the dot..... and they call me "your email doesnt work" and every single time I ask them "did you include the dot between my first and last name" and almost every single time they saw a name and didn't actually read what was there, just what they thought was there

its not as if dot's are uncommon in webaddresses or emails, there is at least ONE in every single freaking email or web address if not two!
        I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ - Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by KellyHabersham View Post
          Well, with the first lady whom I'd mentioned......it wasn't that I couldn't get the dating site accounts canceled, it was the fact that she kept re-registering and STILL used my e-mail address intead of her own. (I believe Match.com was the site involved, although I don't recall for certain)
          Couldn't they ban her? Bebo said that they'd IP ban the person if they kept on reregistering; tho, they seem to have seen sense since then and used their own email addy. Then again, I guess Bebo has to keep tight control their site, seeing how many kids use it. XD
          "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

Comment

Hows your dating life? Maybe somebody is trying to send you a hint.

Comment

Originally posted by elsporko View Post
              Hows your dating life? Maybe somebody is trying to send you a hint.
              Funny you should ask, as I actually do have a profile on a dating site and am talking to a few guys who seem promising, but......if someone was going to make a fake profile for me, I'd think they wouldn't put down that I live in a different state.

Comment

Yes, but profiles in TWO states means twice the chance for LURRRRRRVE!!!!!!

Comment

Happened to me. Somebody signed me up on a webcam chat.

Comment

Hasn't happened to me.....but then the one I use primarily is kinda unique and it's unlikely anyone would mistype and get mine. Plus I have a couple of domains and if someone uses my domain as the latter part of their address it just gets dumped in the ether anyway.
                    https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                    Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Working...
                    X