My commute and fallout from

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My commute and fallout from

(As inspired by various other rant threads...how I love them!)

Ok, a few things, I am content/thankful I am employeed. I know people have far worse commutes, this thread is about me!

My AM commute is roughly 40 mins, going home, usually over 1 hour due to traffic (two major roadways) I HATE driving with the white hot intensity of 10 thousand suns. I leave at 7am, get home after 6pm. If I have to foodshop, add an hour to that.

When I get home, Cat is tired. Too tired to cook a full meal, too tired to clean, and usually too tired to go out. I put about 250+ miles on my car a week (which isn't as much as some, it's more than I like to. Again, I hate driving.)

So, to people who bitch that my place is dirty or that I do not visit, bite my Italian/Irish/other ass. Esp you who are jobless and/or don't drive far from work and have a roomate/spouce to help out with chores. (nothing against jobless folks, just one person in my life) I'm by myself, my cats are too lazy and lack the digits to clean and foodshop.

I need to learn how to teleport. Any Tomorrow People here?

And to those who do indeed have a far worse commute, I lift my glass to thee, Stay sane.

Cat, I hear ya. I have about a 40-minute commute each way to work. Mainly because I have to drive through several 'burbs...with traffic lights on every damn corner. When I get home, I'm tired. I try to go to the gym, but I'd rather take a nap

I try to keep the house clean, I really do. But, when you've got a pair of kitties...who love to play...it doesn't stay clean for long. They tend to knock over paperwork, or anything else I've neatly piled up. So, I keep the place as neat as I can, but otherwise...I don't care. It's not disgusting by any means, but there is some clutter here and there.

Nearly every time my mother (who has had the same pile of crap on her kitchen counter since about 1982) drops by, she can't resist going on about how "messy" or "cluttered" the house is. Her favorite target, is the "temporary" workbench I have set up in the living room. What can I say, other than I like to build models while watching TV? Granted, there's another table piled with models in the office, but that's beside the point

I get to deal with that every time she's over. It just doesn't bother me. I don't care, in other words--nobody comes to visit, so why bother?

Comment

I can relate somewhat - my commute doesn't involve more than walking a few blocks to either job, but on the days when I have to be at both jobs, I definitely don't feel like doing housework when I get home. My mom has trouble understanding this, and is always bitching that my house isn't neat.

Comment

one hour fifteen minutes in the morning, generally an hour and a half-ish on the way home. All by bus. Yay, public transpo! I fele your pain, Cat, I always get people wanting to know why I'm so tired and lazy and don't want to do anything. They can bite MY Italian/German/Other ass. (LOVED that line. Made me giggle. A lot. )

Comment

tee hee, I'm a mutt

Comment

These are my commutes to various locations.

From home to work=between 10 and 30 minutes, depending on the bus I take.
            From work to home=between 10 and 20 minutes, depending on whether I'm picked up or not.
            From home to uni=30-40 minutes, all by bus.
            From uni to home=ditto.
            From uni to work=about 20 minutes.

Comment

I had a 40 minute commute in the past. Now I live about five minutes from one job and two minutes from the other. I do occasionally have to do 6-8 hour long drives for work, which can suck.

Comment

Thankfully music and podcasts can kill the time, but stil....

Comment

I have about an hour's commute each way give or take. By bus and train.

I do manage to keep my house clean and neat though...I do small maintenance type things during the week (empty dishwasher, scoop litter box, clean down the counters in the kitchen, laundry etc)

I do the main / big cleaning on the weekend....but because of all the maintenance I do during the week it isn't a bad job at all.

And I never understood that belief that if no one else but you is going to see it what does it matter? I don't keep my place nice for other people, I keep it nice for ME. I feel calm in a clean and organized environment.
                  https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                  Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Working...
                  X