BANKS! *gnashing of teeth*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BANKS! *gnashing of teeth*

So, if you read my other recent thread about my parents dragging their feet on important issues that involve other people, you'll know my husband and I are in the process of buying a house. (By the way, my parents did get the forms to the bank on Friday, but not until late enough in the day that our contact person was already gone so we couldn't verify that they had received them until today.)

We're getting our mortgage through Bank of America, and so far, I am displeased with them.

It started out simple enough, getting pre-approved, but as soon as we told them we were under contract, the shit started hitting the fan. We told them a week before our contract was finalized that we were in negotiations with the seller of the property and that the seller wanted a letter from the bank stating that our loan was approved for the amount that we had agreed on. The bank refused to provide said letter until our contract was finalized and all parties had signed it. They wouldn't do ANYTHING until we were under contract.

When we finally got under contract, we called the bank and told them. They told us that our closing date was too soon (it was about 21 days away from the date we contacted them, and they wanted 30 days.) Would've been nice if we had known that BEFORE we had finalized the contract. I think the closing date can still be changed if needed, but how hard would it have been for them to say "By the way, when you sign the contract, make sure your closing date is at least 30 days later..."

Then, a week after that, they told us they needed a bunch of information from my parents, since my parents were giving us some money. I wish they would have told us this right away when we got pre-approved, because we told them upfront that my parents were planning on giving us money. Fine, whatever, so we tell my parents what they need to provide...a letter with a bunch of info, basically. That's what my parents faxed them last week.

The bank called us today and said they got the letter, but that it didn't have all the correct info on it. "Well, they gave us A, B, and C, but we also needed X, Y, and Z!" Well fuck you, you told us A, B, and C last week when you called us, but you never said X, Y, and Z, yet they're make it sound like it's our fault. So, I call my parents and tell them of the additional info they need to provide, and thankfully, my dad was on his way to the bank anyway, so they got the fax out right away.

The bank gets it, calls us, and said, "Okay, we got the letter, but we also need this form that they need to sign and fax back to us!"

GOD DAMMIT, WHY CAN'T YOU JUST TELL US ALL OF THIS AT THE SAME TIME!?

It's not even all the hoops we have to jump through, though there are a ton of them...it's the fact that they give us little bits of information here and there, and we get contradicting information from different people depending on who we talk to. Christ on a cracker, how the hell do they operate like this?

I hate Bank. They do make it out to be the customers fault. I went in to apply for a car loan with them. They needed A and B. Turns out they needed C and D. I had perfect credit, back then and I still didn't get approve.

I am sorry to hear about your experience. I do hope that you will get the house that you want.

Comment

Working...
    X