I Don't Know You!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Don't Know You!

This seems to happen in periods of time like several days or a week or a few weeks at once....

*Yes, a Facebook rant*

Almost every day for whatever period of time, there will be random friend requests. People that I have no clue who they are, we have no mutual friends, I didn't go to either school with them, and they don't even send a message or anything like "Hey, it's so and so from CS!" so I could at least figure that part out.

I'm starting to get really paranoid because some of my friends that are avid Farmville and other FB game players have gotten the same kinds of requests and have heard that they are "fake" or infected profiles and they are viruses.

I just really hate when I get tons of requests from people I don't know.

Hmm, I sometimes do that when I get 'Friend suggestions.' But then I always try to send a message saying why I added him/her.

Comment

I friended my friend's boyfriend for farmville. Then I started to get non-stop friend invites from his friends and family. No way in hell was I adding them.
      Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

I get them also. Infact, I just received two of them today. No nothing on their profiles. I ignored them

Comment

Yeah I added one once, because I though it was someone who was part of a group I'm in, turns out it wasn't. Ended up having my hotmail account hacked into, and through that my ebay and paypal accounts. (luckily I managed to get them all back)

My policy now is unless you have several mutual friends that I talk to regularly or I know you from somewhere in person, I don't add you.

Comment

Good going guys! Good job being proactive

Comment

Originally posted by blas87 View Post
              I'm starting to get really paranoid because some of my friends that are avid Farmville and other FB game players have gotten the same kinds of requests and have heard that they are "fake" or infected profiles and they are viruses.
              It's okay to be a little paranoid. Ever hear of spear-phishing?
              Not blindly accepting friend requests is a very good policy.
              Customer: I need an Apache.
              Gravekeeper: The Tribe or the Gunship?

Comment

As a rule, if someone tries to friend me on FB without any identifying information, I'll see if there are any mutual friends. Running two major boards, plus work people and external chums means I can usually identify folk easily. If there's no obvious connection, I'll simply ask them where I know them from.

Rapscallion
                Proud to be a W.A.N.K.E.R. - Womanless And No Kids - Exciting Rubbing!
                Reclaiming words is fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Rapscallion View Post
                  As a rule, if someone tries to friend me on FB without any identifying information, I'll see if there are any mutual friends. Running two major boards, plus work people and external chums means I can usually identify folk easily. If there's no obvious connection, I'll simply ask them where I know them from.

Rapscallion

How many furry manboob fans have you found that way?
                  Toilet Paper has been "bath tissue" for the longest time, and it really chaps my ass - Blas
                  I AM THE MAN of the house! I wear the pants!!! But uh...my wife buys the pants so....yeah.

Comment

None that will admit it outside of a secret handshake and decoder ring.

Rapscallion
                    Proud to be a W.A.N.K.E.R. - Womanless And No Kids - Exciting Rubbing!
                    Reclaiming words is fun!

Comment

They don't have to admit it. You can just tell, I would imagine. I mean for one, they're wearing a decoder ring.

Comment

Originally posted by Plaidman View Post
                        How many furry manboob fans have you found that way?
                        OH MY GOD I just about spewed coffee on this one thanks Plaid!!
                        https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                        Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Originally posted by telecom_goddess View Post
                          OH MY GOD I just about spewed coffee on this one thanks Plaid!!
                          You don't know the half of it, I was drinking soda when I read that half an hour ago. It still stings, and my keyboard is sticky

Totally worth it though!
                          All units: IRENE
                          HK MP5-N: Solving 800 problems a minute since 1986

Comment

Working...
                          X