no means no!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no means no!

OK, I have a friend, he's a great guy, but he doesn't understand the word NO.
    He has for quite some time been trying to tell me that I should get a firearm.
    After last weeks little episode he called me with advice on how to pick out a firearm. I told him in no uncertain circumstances that there was no way in hell that I was going to purchase a lethal force weapon.
    I have no problem with pepper spray (or even the more evil pepper gel/foam... that shit does NOT wash off, you get sprayed with that and you go the hospital) or even a tazer. He keeps telling me that a gun is my constitutional right and I should not be shirking that responsibility (I never realized the second amendment was now a responsibility).
    No matter how many times I tell him that I despise the people of this state as much as he does, I will NOT take one of their lives, even in self defense, that is one line I refuse to cross, he continues to tell me it is the only valid form of self defense. I may be going to hell anyway, but I'd much rather go to hell because God is a fucked up son of a bitch, not because I did something to warrant hell.
    I can't stand that he (and others) have retorted "it is better to be judged by 12 men than carried by 6"... yes, but I don't give a fuck about the 12 men or the 6... I only care about one... and that one would not be able to pull the trigger.
    So please, deaf friend, stop fucking pushing it. I'm not going to buy a gun just because you think it is the only valid means of self defense.
    "I'm Gar and I'm proud" -slytovhand

Not about guns, but I have coworkers that are that persistent. It's so annoying. Some of them, I rarely update on what's going on at home or with the car or whatever because they just don't give up. I don't even have to start a topic related to it, they will just start conversations like "Are you looking at houses yet?" "Did you get a new car yet?"

Comment

Tell your friend you're Batman.

Batman doesn't use guns, either.
      Help a friend!

Comment

If your friend doesn't get it once you have the tazer, I recommend tazing him. Then ask him if he feels like he could try and harm you

Same goes for the pepper spray, though you might have to wait until they've finished sanitizing his eyes to get a word in...
        All units: IRENE
        HK MP5-N: Solving 800 problems a minute since 1986

Comment

Originally posted by Parrothead View Post
          Tell your friend you're Batman.

Batman doesn't use guns, either.
          Most of the time. He did against Darkseid.

He did against Joe Chill in the Superman/Batman Absolute Power when he was thrust through time, saw Joe Chill about to murder his parents, jumped in grabbed the gun and blew Joe Chill away before Superman could stop it, thus causing a time paradox where Bruce Wayne grew up with his parents and never became Batman. That lead to a rather sad story where Bruce once again had to witness his parents murder to fix the time paradox.

He also use to carry a gun way back when he first came out at Alfred's instence.
          Toilet Paper has been "bath tissue" for the longest time, and it really chaps my ass - Blas
          I AM THE MAN of the house! I wear the pants!!! But uh...my wife buys the pants so....yeah.

Comment

A gun can be used against you.
            Pepper spray / mace can be used against you.
            A tazer can be used against you.
            A well trained protection dog CANNOT be used against you.

As for the OP - if you don't want a gun, don't get one and don't let your "friend" push you to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Plaidman View Post
              Most of the time. He did against Darkseid.

He did against Joe Chill in the Superman/Batman Absolute Power when he was thrust through time, saw Joe Chill about to murder his parents, jumped in grabbed the gun and blew Joe Chill away before Superman could stop it, thus causing a time paradox where Bruce Wayne grew up with his parents and never became Batman. That lead to a rather sad story where Bruce once again had to witness his parents murder to fix the time paradox.

He also use to carry a gun way back when he first came out at Alfred's instence.
              Meh. I'm a Marvel, so I'm pulling from the school of "But everybody knows..."
              Help a friend!

Comment

Meh. I'm a Marvel, so I'm pulling from the school of "But everybody knows..."
                I love Marvel too. I'm not trying to prove you wrong. I'm just big Batman nerd fanboy aweosmo....

BTW, there were crossovers between Batman and Spiderman. Spiderman kicked Batman's ass. Several times.

Next time they met up, you figured Batman would be ready.

Nope. Batman again got butt kicked. Spiderman snuck up to him, put hand on his shoulder, batman grabbed it do pain touch on wrist. Spiderman went "OW OW OW!!!" *flips Batman across the rooftop* "Is what I would say if I didn't have the strength of a spider!"
                Toilet Paper has been "bath tissue" for the longest time, and it really chaps my ass - Blas
                I AM THE MAN of the house! I wear the pants!!! But uh...my wife buys the pants so....yeah.

Comment

Awesome. I <3 Spidey. But all I know of Batman is the movies, so...
                  Help a friend!

Comment

What about a gun equipped with rubber bullets? They're non-lethal, and probably more reliable than pepper spray. I seem to remember Kusanagi from the CS board trying to use pepper spray when he was attacked the second time by Ghetto Superstar, and it didn't work.
                    Customer: I need an Apache.
                    Gravekeeper: The Tribe or the Gunship?

Comment

Awesome. I <3 Spidey. But all I know of Batman is the movies, so...
                      XD Then yeah. No guns. Its ok. I wove you anyway. *hugs*

Now to add things I hate new thread.

"Parrothead doesn't read Batman. GRRRR"

(kidding)

Comment

Yay, hugs!
                        Help a friend!

Comment

Originally posted by Talon View Post
                          What about a gun equipped with rubber bullets? They're non-lethal, and probably more reliable than pepper spray. I seem to remember Kusanagi from the CS board trying to use pepper spray when he was attacked the second time by Ghetto Superstar, and it didn't work.
                          That is a good point. No-one is immune to Pepperspray, but I've seen plenty of Police Videos where the pepperspray didn't even faze the guy as he proceeded to attempt to pummel the cop. Thankfully the cop did managed to keep away long enough for backup to come.

Then again, there was one where the man beat the shit out of a female cop on the camera while his four year old daughter stared on. Guy just said "I'm not going back to prison", and left the bleeding unconcenous cop on the road.

Thankfully she survived her injuries, and the guy was caught a few days later. Yeah, He's back in prison. Not getting out.

Comment

A knife is a good middle ground. You have to get in close, but it's not necessarily lethal. If you want tips, I can explain them...

Comment

If I'm going to carry a blade, I'll take the upgrade to sword option, please.

Comment

Working...
                              X