Youtube

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Youtube

Actually, I love youtube. I spend way too much time on it. What I hate are all of these fucking changes they make to it. The latest is that they disabled the star rating system for videos and made the comments harder to navigate.

But what really pees me off is that now I need an adobe upgrade to view any videos. The problem, the site is so slow that I can't install the upgrade unless I want to wait a half an hour. All I get is that fucking circle thing at the corner of my screen going round and round while I wait impatiently just to get to the adobe site. Then when I do try to install it, all I get is a white screen of death.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCKK! I just wanna watch some videos!

Youtube used to be great. But it is all screwed up. Sometimes, I just want to watch videos. But then I can't for some reason.

Comment

Part of the problem are the damn copyright nazis that get rid of all the good videos. I'm sure not all of that is youtubes fault, but it sucks to see good videos taken down because of it.

Comment

There *is* a good side, at least as I see it, to the new comment arrangement: the "delete" button is much harder to hit when you're aiming for "reply." I've lost more good comments off my videos that way...
        "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Originally posted by Rageaholic View Post
          Part of the problem are the damn copyright nazis that get rid of all the good videos. I'm sure not all of that is youtubes fault, but it sucks to see good videos taken down because of it.
          yea, i have one more chance before I'm suspended.

Comment

Now that's wierd, I can now watch videos and I didn't download the upgrade.

Well at least the problem is solved.

Comment

It was a hack or virus maybe?
              Toilet Paper has been "bath tissue" for the longest time, and it really chaps my ass - Blas
              I AM THE MAN of the house! I wear the pants!!! But uh...my wife buys the pants so....yeah.

Comment

More likely, it was a bug they've finally gotten off their arses and fixed. There was a bug not long ago that made it impossible to comment, which was bloody annoying.

My main problem with youtube is all the dickheads who use the comments just to bitch and moan at people, or to post shit that doesn't make sense, then bitch when someone corrects them.
                "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

Comment

I've seen some compalints about it not working well with some browsers (like Opera and FF) - I wonder if this is deliberate to push people to Chrome?

Comment

What I don't like about youtube is all the dumb videos. sometimes I want to see a music video or a song in concert but all I get is people doing covers. Usually I don't think people listen to covers unless its there friend or a band they like covering another band. It would be neat if they made a search thing that lets you choose what kind of videos come up

Comment

What's worse is when they THINK they're doing a cover and it's a complete abomination.

Nothing like half a dozen completely bad musicians trying to copy "The Great Gig in the Sky". Talk about screaming banshees!!

(Note: There are some incredible covers of that song, don't get me wrong!)

Comment

I hate when I'll be looking up a clip from a TV show, and I have to wade through a bunch of awful slash-fic. Look, I'm looking for a clip of an episode of NCIS, I'm not interested if your "Tony/Abby" fantasy.

Comment

Originally posted by AdminAssistant View Post
                          I hate when I'll be looking up a clip from a TV show, and I have to wade through a bunch of awful slash-fic. Look, I'm looking for a clip of an episode of NCIS, I'm not interested if your "Tony/Abby" fantasy.
                          Do not get me started on those. I could start an entirely different thread on this fanboy/fangirl crap and how everyone wants a romance. Most of their videos either use angsty emo music or heavy metal crap that all sounds the same. Even when the clips are good, the music completely ruins it.

Comment

What I hate is if I am watching a fanvideo, like an AMV or computer gameplay, and some shit for brains has posted in the comments, "Wah wah *fandom/character* sucks". If you don't like the fandom or characters, then why the hell are you watching it? I don't mean constructive criticism; if someone can defend their viewpoint in a reasonable and mature manner, that's another thing entirely. But it's irritating to watch, say, Streets of Rage gameplay and read some mental midget's comment of "Streets of Rage sucks." -.-
                            "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

Comment

What's really sad is, that they did all this work to "fix" youtube, and no one's even attempted to fix the whole "false DMCA Take Down" mess.

Comment

Working...
                              X