Pill Poppers (Adderall)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pill Poppers (Adderall)

One of my friends is being lazy and is blaming being tired on not getting work done. My opinion it's because she's on facebook. She said, "I wish I had Adderall then I'd really get work done!" Another friend sitting right next to her pulled one out and the first friend took it without question.

"I'd never make it through the day without one." (I like to call that an addiction)
    "That must be how you get so much work done!" (Except tons of people get work done without popping pills)

God, you don't have ADHD, you have no actual need for them. If you can't stay awake during the day then don't stay up until 4am doing nothing!

Especially don't get pissed at me cause I judge you for doing something stupid as hell and illegal.
    Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Adderall is an amphetamine.

Wiki is wise as to its downsides.
    Help a friend!

Comment

Originally posted by Parrothead View Post
      Adderall is an amphetamine.

Wiki is wise as to its downsides.
      Um, yes, it is a amphetamine. That makes it a stimulant which is why it's also known as "speed".
      Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Geez I have ADHD and I don't even take meds I just take a job where it's an advantage.
        Jack Faire
        Friend
        Father
        Smartass

Comment

I uh... have an addiction to sleeping pills.

Well, doctor said I had delvoped a dependency... which is kinda like an addiction but not.

In anycase, if I don't take sleeping pills, I'm up for far too long.

Coindently, when I do have sleeping pills, I do tend to abuse them to sleep for long periods of time.
          Toilet Paper has been "bath tissue" for the longest time, and it really chaps my ass - Blas
          I AM THE MAN of the house! I wear the pants!!! But uh...my wife buys the pants so....yeah.

Comment

I could hug and squeeze you until you pop, GreenDay.

If I could, I'd have Adderall taken off the shelves. My bf is prescribed to them, and he sells them to his friends for extra money. Sure, he takes them when he feels like it, such would be why he goes from ADHD to mild to whatever. Many occasions, he has taken too many and drank and went into an actual rage and almost got into fights with people.

His friends are OBSESSED with it. I mean, it's the new meth or something. They constantly call and harrass him about it. Because his dad is a pharmacist, he isn't stupid about refilling his scripts because he knows how that works and doesn't want to get flagged and taken off of them.

One time, one of his friends was coming to visit, another friend thought it was only because of Adderall, and he refused to talk to either of them for a long time because how dare my bf sell Adderall to anyone but HIM, he needed his Adderall!

And don't get me started on the excuses these worthless shits have for "needing" it.

"I have a kid, I go to school and have to work, it's so hard...."

"I have a really tough job..."

Comment

Originally posted by blas87 View Post
              And don't get me started on the excuses these worthless shits have for "needing" it.

"I have a kid, I go to school and have to work, it's so hard...."

"I have a really tough job..."
              AKA I have to deal with the same shit in life as everyone else.

Comment

Precisely. Shall I call the whaaaambulace for these idiots? It's crap like this that makes ADD/ADHD meds harder to access for those who actually have a real reason to have them.

Comment

I have techniques to use rather than the meds. I prefer not to rely on meds.
                  Jack Faire
                  Friend
                  Father
                  Smartass

Comment

Originally posted by jackfaire View Post
                    I have techniques to use rather than the meds. I prefer not to rely on meds.
                    These people are 22/23 years old! They have no medical problems that'd cause them to be unable to focus or stay awake. There's no reason why they'd need to take Adderall.

Comment

Hey, ditto, Jackfaire. Me too! I got myself off ADHD meds when I went into High School (although it was Ritalin back then). I found out that I actually functioned better off it than on it.

Comment

why would I want the meds now???

I have been on this Earth almost 50 Years and I have been ADD all of my life (runs on my side of the family my daughter is ADHD also). I just learned to cope on my own with a bit of self-medication thrown in during my younger years.

back in my early childhood (they just labeled me as a disruptive short attention span type kid. at first they gave me tranquillizers (just sped me up). then they did all sorts of physical tests, ear nose aand throat, brain scans EEG type stuff, etc. it seemed for a while there I was going for tests like every month. then my parents stumbled on some psychology project at a local prestigious univercity. so I did the psycho coulseling thing once a week for 3 or 4 years then stopped when I started HS(no reason given just stopped). no drugs were involved (not even Ritilian).

after all of that I still had to learn coping stratagies on my own. no name was given to my "condition" at that time.

I now believe that I was part of a larger project/study that helped "define" the 120 traits of persons with ADD.
                        I'm lost without a paddle and I'm headed up sh*t creek.

I got one foot on a banana peel and the other in the Twilight Zone.
                        The Fools - Life Sucks Then You Die

Comment

Adderall and Ritalin are the same drug, only Adderall is an extended release forml

I have massive problems with the over diagnosis of ADD and ADHD at least here in the states. I understand the theory behind the medication process. Step one, we give stimulants to small children with ADD because it works differently in kids than adults. Okay, I'm willing to believe that. Benadryl will hype up kids frequently and it's used as on OTC sleeping aid in adults, so that's possible.

Step two, we continue to give stimulants to adults with ADD. Because, it works differently than in "normal" people? Here's where my belief begins to break down.

Step three, we can't chemically test for ADD. Okay, now I call BS. If stimulants behave on the body chemistry of someone with ADD differently than the general population, that should be verifiable and measurable.

I hear people say "But it helps me focus". I'm sure it does. I've seen people on cocaine so focused they forget to eat or sleep for 3 days, but that doesn't make it a good thing. I'm sure there are people who need this type of medication. I'm also pretty sure it is one out of every 25 to 50 of the people who get it now.
                          http://dragcave.net/user/radiocerk

Comment

Originally posted by radiocerk View Post
                            I have massive problems with the over diagnosis of ADD and ADHD at least here in the states. .
                            I agree it is over diagnosed. They diagnosed me back before it became the thing to have. I did meds, learned to deal with it and everything. Now I get people that have no problems focusing talking about their ADD.
                            Jack Faire
                            Friend
                            Father
                            Smartass

Comment

Had to bring this thread back up and chime in again.

I have to ask, if it isn't too personal and you guys don't mind, if any of you who have been diagnosed with ADD/ADHD and are on Adderall or a similar drug, are you offended or upset with things like GreenDay and I have been describing? Aka, idiots claiming to have such a "hard life" and "needing" Adderall just to get to work/school and get through the day, people who are prescribed the drug who sell/give it to idiot friends for said reasons.

I have tried it before. I didn't like it. Personally, I don't see how anyone who is not prescribed to the drug can benefit from it longterm, the way some of my bf's friends are addicted to it. It's not a mood enchancer or an anxiety supressor.

It's a whole different thing with my bf and his friends, because he thinks they can do no wrong and he personally has tried to DEFEND them to me by using those cruddy excuses as to why they have to have it. I don't even want to hear it. A lot of people have a hard job or a job they hate. A lot of people struggle with school. A lot of people have a kid or two and find it hard. Add all that together and try to balance, yes it makes for a tough life. But for the life of me, I cannot understand for one second why they MUST have Adderall to get through the day.

I can understand people driving to different states or across the state for coke, heroin, bigger drugs. I cannot understand why his friends are so willing to drive to the other side of Wisconsin and pay top dollar for fucking Adderall.

Losers.

Comment

Working...
                              X