Speak for Yourself!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speak for Yourself!

Warning! This thread may contain times where the OP toots her own horn. There will be a *Toot Toot* before such times. The OP doesn't toot her own horn much, so please, let her have her moments. If you do not wish to read the OP toot her own horn, you may skip over such sentences...or paragraphs...

I do love my friends. I love them dearly. However, there are just certain things that bug me about them. This thread is not about all of them. This thread is about one thing that one of my friends, whom we will call L, does.

L likes to speak for my other friend,A, and me. It's really annoying.

How so,McD? You may ask. Well, dear reader, I shall tell you.

My friends like to act immature in public. I do not. *Toot Toot* I consider myself to be pretty mature for my age. Sadly enough, both friends are older than me *End Toot* So, both of my friends are single. L likes to say "We aren't going to find guys who like us." 'We' and 'us' meaning the three of us.

Um. Hello! Did you forget that I do have someone?

*TOOT TOOT* Even if I were single, I think I could get a good guy. One of my guy friends really likes me and would date me if it weren't for the fact that I already have someone. I do think I am attractive sometimes and my personality is very bubbly and I get along with people very easily. *End Toot*

And no, the fact that you don't have a boyfriend is not because of your body type or the fact that you have diabetes. I know there are guys out there who like girls with curves and I am sure any reasonable guy can overlook diabetes. The fact is, you don't try to go socialize with guys and how you act in public.

However, just because you act that way in public, does not mean I do. I have people who ask me why I hang around you guys and I say "Because they are good friends and I love them to death." I get pegged as annoying by people because I hang out with you. When I come into places by myself, the workers are genuinely surprised that I am not loud and obnoxious. I'm not like that even when you are here.

Please keep in mind that I do love my friends. I just get so frustrated with them sometimes.
    "It's after Jeopardy, so it is my bed time."- Me when someone made a joke about how "old" I am.

Toot your horn all you want, little one, and don't be ashamed of it. I am so glad you feel good about yourself in all those ways

Back on topic, I hate that too. Fortunately, no one tries to speak for me, lest they end up with a heel up their butt.

Comment

Working...
    X