Losing weight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Losing weight

On a happy note, I've lost nearly 30 pounds since starting my job (and one of the top 5 reasons I stay!).

On a sad note, even losing 100 pounds would just get me to the point where I'm "fat".

lol....

Hello, Kindred Spirit!!!

It's tiresome, aggravating, and sometimes feels like it's just not worth the trouble. I have to lose over 100 lbs to be considered on the upper end of my "normal range"

Congrats on the 30!! I lost 50, but it took me a year to do so... (started last April 1st, been truckin' along ever since with lots of slips along the way.)

Comment

Yeah the slips kinda suck. It's like doing heroin. And I drive by a mcdonalds every day on the way too and from work But I've been strong, mostly. Actually yesterday I stopped there, but it was the first time in weeks.

It's been about 7 weeks so far on the weight loss. I just hope I keep it up. Last weekend was particularly rough as I was in the middle of mood-swing central and eating like crazy to compensate. Gained back like 10 pounds.

Comment

I'm in a slip stage, too. My weakness has been cheesecake. And garlic bread with every meal. Cheesy, crusty, soft garlic bread...

I think it's the stress from the semester ending. And i have to give a presentation tomorrow.

Irony? It's on weight loss trends in college, and student opinions on popular fitness programs and products...

Comment

it really does suck. People say it's as simple as eating less and moving more, but really there's more to it than that. It's not that simple, because a lot of people have been eating badly from childhood. They get used to not having to put an effort in when it comes to their food (fast food) and it's hard to change your ways. It's possible of course, but definitely not easy. Food can definitely be addictive. I've had times where all I wanted to eat was McDonald's, I didn't eat it all the time mind you, but it's hard.

I get rather depressed about my weight, and being depressed makes me not care what I'm eating. It's a vicious cycle. Since I moved from my hometown I've put on 40lbs, and I was never particularly thin either.

Good on you for losing the 30!

Comment

Thanks!

I'm not even that uncomfortable with my appearance - I carry it pretty well and I look good for a huge guy, and I rather enjoy being like an ogre or something.

I'm just sick and tired of being...well sick and tired. My legs hurt from standing because i'm so heavy. Getting up is a major pain in the ass. Walking through Wal-mart is exhausting. My back always hurts.

That stuff sucks. But I'm getting into pretty good shape at my job. I actually have ARMS now! lol...

Comment

Argh. Tell me about it.
              My plan is to lose about 30lbs or so (15kg) by the end of August.
              I set myself up, starting eating right, walked everywhere, and went to the gym an average of 3 days a week.
              Then my knee gave out on me, and I'm restricted with any sort of exercise I can do for about a month (walking 30 metres leaves me aching and breathless). This makes me depressed. When depressed, I tend to eat more, particularly bad foods. That and there is a bloody 7-Eleven just steps away from where I work, and I just love the chicken strips and donuts they sell there
              I still aim to lose the weight, I just really hate setbacks of any type.

.....I want chocolate
              "Having a Christian threaten me with hell is like having a hippy threaten to punch me in my aura."
              Josh Thomas

Comment

Keep your head up and keep going.

I just hit a massive plateau and I'm pretty depressed over it.

Comment

I need to make sure I keep my waist...bulk up and increase my run time. I did an embarrassing 13 min run this semester. And next semester, the new rules kick in >.>

Comment

13 minute....run...? What is this run thing you speak of? I can walk. And walk relatively quickly.

Fat chick here can't run. I'd hurt myself.

Comment

1.5 mile run. My best time is 12 minutes flat.

Comment

So...when do you talk about the difficulty with weight loss?

All I see are a couple of posts about your running.

How is that relative to the trouble people are having with their weight?
                        Point to Ponder:

Is it considered irony when someone on an internet forum makes a post that can be considered to look like it was written by a 3rd grade dropout, and they are poking fun of the fact that another person couldn't spell?

Comment

Originally posted by Ree View Post
                          So...when do you talk about the difficulty with weight loss?

All I see are a couple of posts about your running.

How is that relative to the trouble people are having with their weight?
                          Um, well if I don't lose weight then I kinda lose my job.

Comment

I don't run. There isn't a sports bra in the world that would keep me from giving myself a black eye. I, too, am on the weight loss wagon. And yeah, about 100 pounds from the upper BMI range. I'd settle for the size 14 I was in high school.
                            http://dragcave.net/user/radiocerk

Comment

Fat chick here can't run. I'd hurt myself.
                              When I run I fall on my face and that's not even a joke. Plus, yeah, boobs. Ouch

That and I've messed up my knee at some point, and if I've been sitting for awhile walking on it hurts like a bitch. I have no idea what I did to it, cause it doesn't hurt all the time, and even when I've been walking for a while, just when I sit for too long. Usually from the chairs at school. Swells up like crazy too.

I'd be happy to be a size 14 again. And to think I thought I was huge then!

Comment

Working...
                              X