Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attention Seekers

You know who they are in your life.
    We all have people who go out of their way to take the focus off everything but them.

You know how they act.
    They will even resort to negative behaviour and self-sabotaging acts, just so that the world knows they're here.

They really bug me.

I wonder if they were weaned from their Mom too soon.
    No, seriously, I really do wonder if they didn't get the necessary nurturing as a young child, so they spend the rest of their lives making every single situation about them.
    Point to Ponder:

Is it considered irony when someone on an internet forum makes a post that can be considered to look like it was written by a 3rd grade dropout, and they are poking fun of the fact that another person couldn't spell?

That's a lot like the Armchair General I spoke of in my own thread. Aside from not knowing strategy to save himself, he always makes things about himself; and being the regional leader, I become the brunt of his attacks. He actually reminds me of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOOTKA0aGI0 this.

Comment

Yeah but when are we going to talk about MEEEE

Just kidding
      https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
      Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Some forums I go on actually have rules about not posting wild stories; some people were obviously posting "I was raped/molested/pregnant/abducted by aliens/murdered but I GOT BETTER" stories to get sympathy and attention, and it was getting out of hand. In my experience, people who are suffering actual trauma do not immediately register on a message board then blurt out everything in their first post there. O.o
        "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

Comment

I was turned into a newt by a witch once.......

I got better.

Comment

I hate them both equally online and in real life.

Well, actually....in real life, I don't see quite as many people who are adament to follow me around and argue with me or disagree with me just for the sake of arguing and disagreeing with me.

I just wish there was an "ignore" button in real life.

Comment

Originally posted by Fryk View Post
              I was turned into a newt by a witch once.......

I got better.
              I love it when people get my references. XD

Tho I admit that there are people who are genuinely going thru trauma, it's always, at least to me, incredibly suspicious when someone's first post on a forum is a huge missive detailing the fact that they were molested. O_o

Comment

I agree with Lace about the whole first post on forums. Trauma's a private thing. Hell, I like to consider myself fairly open minded and unashamed of what's happened to me and what I've done in my past, but it's still not going to be an opening greeting to a community of strangers, like:

"Hi, I'm new, guess what?!! I TOTALLY just got mugged and beaten up and I'm posting this from my iPhone in the ER?! zomg, isn't that, like, SO cool!!?!?!"

As for the OP: Oh yes, my ex-roomie was like that. Had a bad day? She has to talk about how her life sucks so much more. In a group of friends, and talking about a random topic? She has to relate it to herself somehow, so we can all talk about her and tell her how awesome she is...

...I live alone now.

Comment

Whaaaaaaaa? Even not with me Lupo? Sad!

I admit, I like attention. I never got it much. But I sure as hell won't lie about it. My life sucks enough to not embellish.

Besides, everyone who does that, will be caught. Sooner or later, a story doesn't add up. And that's when the shit hits the fan, and you get a sense of betrayal.

I've dealt with it too online. Far from here, and its not worth it.

My friend David is king of attention seekers. As of this time, he has been raped a grand total of 14 times. David is a BIG man. Seriously, like 400 lbs, 7 feet tall. Very hairy. Attractive at times. He has a good heart. Just a major liar.

He also claims that Wizards of the Coast crowned him the world's greatest Dungeon Master. He doesn't even know the rule set! If Dungeons and Dragons were Checkers, he would honestly claim and BELIVE you must move five pieces at time. No checker can ever touch each other diagnolly. In order to become King, you must jump and destroy a minimal of five pieces in a roll on on turn.

Once we went to a mutal friend's place of work. All the way there he swore to go that said friend was at his restraunt where he worked. We both told him friend doesn't eat at mcdonalds. She hates it. She said she said Hi to him when he called her by name. (She has a very rare and unusal name). He swore she was wearing her leather jacket. We both told him she got rid of that coat years ago. He even bet us 50 bucks that it was her. We took it. We went in. She told him same thing. She doesnt eat there. David then claim that it was her twin sister sepreated at birth, with the same name. He swears to that even today.

He claimed that Akira Toryama of Dragon Ball fame, flat out told him that David's story was 100 percent canon, but didn't have time to animate or write the comic. David story btw, was that all saiyans had robot bodyguards that were always ten times more powerful then the one they were guarding. So when evil robot ccame to earth, he killed everyone but Vegeta, and made Vegeta work out all the time so he could be more powerful. To understand that if you didn't know is like saying that no teenager will ever yell back at parents. Its like all major countries in our world will agree to never have weapons. It just doesn't happen. Saiyans pride themselves on being strong. They would never make a robot that was stronger then them.
                  Toilet Paper has been "bath tissue" for the longest time, and it really chaps my ass - Blas
                  I AM THE MAN of the house! I wear the pants!!! But uh...my wife buys the pants so....yeah.

Comment

Hmm...Plaid I don't think I ever yelled at my parents...

On topic, though; this reminds me of my aunt. Her life is always infinitely worse than yours, no matter what's happened to you. And she always has a negative comment about whatever good fortune you happen to have.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobbs View Post
                      Hmm...Plaid I don't think I ever yelled at my parents...
                      uhh ok...How'd you think that up?never said anything like that.
                      Toilet Paper has been "bath tissue" for the longest time, and it really chaps my ass - Blas
                      I AM THE MAN of the house! I wear the pants!!! But uh...my wife buys the pants so....yeah.

Comment

One of the worst stories I heard was on another forum. Let's call this girl Anne Marie. Now, Anne Marie first made a thread saying that she was pregnant. She was a teenager at the time, and was asking for advice. I was suspicious at first, but just decided at that time to keep an eye on her rather than challenge her at this point. Now, here's the kicker; just one week later, she posted that she'd had a miscarriage and passed a fetus. She'd claimed to be just a couple of months pregnant the week before and things didn't add up. So the supermod had a word with her in PM... and it turned out, she'd made the whole thing up for attention. -.- Anne Marie was told in no uncertain terms to admit this to everyone she'd lied to, and her posts were deleted. I just thought it horrible to make up something like that; a miscarriage is a tragedy and it's disgusting to make it into something to gain attention.

Comment

Originally posted by Plaidman View Post
                          uhh ok...How'd you think that up?never said anything like that.
                          He was referring to this part of your last post:

To understand that if you didn't know is like saying that no teenager will ever yell back at parents
                          I guess he's saying that there are teenagers who didn't yell at their parents, so your metaphor might need some work.

But that's not really the topic here, so let's stop over-analyzing word choices and get back to the debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Lace Neil Singer View Post
                            I just thought it horrible to make up something like that; a miscarriage is a tragedy and it's disgusting to make it into something to gain attention.
                            It's the same with a threatened suicide attempt online.

When someone makes this down and out post going on about how they just want to end it all, and then repeatedly update how they are going to do it, "OK...I've taken X amount of assorted pills, now I just have to wait to die."

Then a few minutes later, "Things are getting so fuzzy...it shouldn't be long now..."

Then, a few minutes later a long drawn out "Farewell World" type post.

An hour or so later, another post updating on how sick they feel, and wishing it would all just end.

A while later, another post about how somebody called an ambulance and they are on the way to the hospital.

Then, an update from the hospital.

And so on...

Too many people are genuinely depressed and suicidal, and they succeed in their suicide, leaving a lot of guilt and heartache behind them.

Shit like that just burns my ass when I see it posted just to get attention.
                            Point to Ponder:

Is it considered irony when someone on an internet forum makes a post that can be considered to look like it was written by a 3rd grade dropout, and they are poking fun of the fact that another person couldn't spell?

Comment

If you are speaking about the incident that I'm thinking of, Ree......oy......

You probably won't hear me say this, but I was so glad I was not on CS that day.

Comment

Working...
                              X