Men can't have custody.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Men can't have custody.

We were given a problem at Census training, the solution of which was to use the Census criteria to determine who to count. Count where someone lives or sleeps most of the time, unless they split their time equally between two or more places, or had no permanent residence on Census Day, in which count where they were on April 1st.

The problem was that a man lives with his girlfriend, and has two sons, one who spends most of his time in college, but was at home on April 1st, one who splits his time equally between his father and his mother, but was with his father ( the man) on April 1st, and a cousin who was evicted and sleeping on his couch.

The answer is to count the man, the girlfriend, the son who splits his time, and the cousin. One of the people in the class objected to that, saying "Thursday was a weekday, and with split custody, the father has the child on weekends."

This upset me, one because its possible that it would be the mother who got the child on weekends, or perhaps they divide by week. Anyway, I pointed out that the problem SAID the time was split equally, and she said, "Its not allowed to be equal, split custody means the father is only allowed to see them on weekends."

That just really upset me. Why does it have to be the father who gets it on weekends? I asked, and she said "Every judge knows men can't be good parents."

>_>
    "Nam castum esse decet pium poetam
    ipsum, versiculos nihil necessest"

Originally posted by Hyena Dandy View Post
    That just really upset me. Why does it have to be the father who gets it on weekends? I asked, and she said "Every judge knows men can't be good parents."
    WTF? Says the autistic woman who's ex-husband has full custody of their son?

I've accepted that I am unable to properly care for a child, his father is, his father also has the support of his parents-I had no help-yes I tried for two years-couldn't do it-son also has autism, guess what my ex-mil was a special ed teacher for 20 years....legally we have "joint custody" however there is no contact between the ex and myself-he still tries to control me and hates my new husband, well ok the fact that I remarried at all.....I love my son but know it's better that he never sees mommy than sees/hears mommy and daddy fighting all the time-what can I say the man can still push my buttons...."you want to see your son? You will have to come here and stay in my house the entire time, no your new husband is not welcome, you want him to come there? Not until you leave your new husband"

No thank you, I am not dealing with that.....

Plus I believe MadMike has full custody of his kid.
    Registered rider scenic shore 150 charity ride

Comment

The problem is that most judges, unless something is wrong with the mother, will award custody to the mother 100% of the time. It makes zero sense and shows how society can easily be just as sexist against men as it is women.
      Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Originally posted by Greenday View Post
        The problem is that most judges, unless something is wrong with the mother, will award custody to the mother 100% of the time. It makes zero sense and shows how society can easily be just as sexist against men as it is women.
        That's very true.......one of my guy friends told me the main reason he was able to get custody of his sons was because his ex-wife had issues. (don't recall the details beyond that)

Comment

Uhm, I lived 2 weeks with my mom and 2 weeks with my dad from grade 5 up until I was 17.

There can be agreements between parents about split custody I believe. And, correct me if I'm wrong, if the parents come to an agreement a judge doesn't have to be involved.

People are stupid.

Comment

Women are better are taking care of kids so they get custody unless there is something wrong with this. For the census though its probably easier to count the kid with one parent instead of both in order to avoid over counting or having to figure out the schedule and where to count them

Comment

A friend of mine got custody of his kids cuz his ex-wife was a psycho. One thing she did was smash her own son's phone for no good reason. She also told her kids that she didn't love them and wished they had died at birth. So any judge who would have awarded that bitch custody just cuz they assumed that women are automatic good mothers would have had a screw loose; luckily, that didn't happen.
              "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

Comment

Originally posted by Red Panda View Post
                Women are better are taking care of kids
                I'm calling bullshit on that one. A person's ability to raise a child has NOTHING to do with their genitals and EVERYTHING to do with that person's skillset, personality, responsibility, etc.
                "I'm Gar and I'm proud" -slytovhand

Comment

Exactly, Smiley. Two of my best friends are also some of the best parents I have ever seen of their child. And not a vagina among them.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Panda View Post
                    Women are better are taking care of kids so they get custody
                    Please explain how having a vagina makes a woman a better parent.
                    If I can't bitch, I'll explode- blas87

Comment

Originally posted by RavenStarr View Post
                      Please explain how having a vagina makes a woman a better parent.
                      I'd love to hear this explanation myself.
                      Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Is it not the vagina but the boobs? maybe it's the boobs...

*begins waiting for explanation*
                        All units: IRENE
                        HK MP5-N: Solving 800 problems a minute since 1986

Comment

Read my post; a parent with a vagina who'd have made the worst parent ever to be awarded custody. -.-

The idea that a woman is automatically a mother is a load of bullshit. I'm a woman, and I know full well that I'd make a terrible mother, which is why I intend not to ever have children.
                          "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

Comment

Originally posted by Wingates_Hellsing View Post
                            Is it not the vagina but the boobs? maybe it's the boobs...

*begins waiting for explanation*
                            Guys can have boobs though.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenday View Post
                              Guys can have boobs though.
                              Men have moobs.
                              I am a sexy shoeless god of war!
                              Minus the sexy and I'm wearing shoes.

Comment

Working...
                              X