animals in the attic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• animals in the attic

Seriously whatever the fuck you are go away. I am sick of your fluttering, chirping, tapping, scurrying and other noises all day and NIGHT. I'm tired of running my fan at night to drown you out. This attic is probably just a crawlspace, no one has been in it in 25 years, the door to it is in my room, basically just a square hole with a piece of would sitting on top of it. I've covered it in cardboard to block the bugs that used to go out of it but the nise drives me nuts.

I once caught a squirrel in my second-floor bedroom one Christmas morn.
    "I take it your health insurance doesn't cover acts of pussy."

Comment

Why don't you go to the attic and block however they are getting in or set traps?

Comment

no ladder or stairs, literally just a hole.

also i hate spiders and there are probably a lot up there.

Comment

I hate those fuckers! They always have to party right when I'm trying to sleep. I have this vision of firing a shotgun through the ceiling and having these little bastards fall through, dead. I could never do that, but it's a comforting thought when they're keeping you up at 2 in the morning.

Comment

I look up there every year or two to make sure it's still closed up tight. So far, not even spiders have set up house in my attic, but once there *is* a problem, the longer you leave it, the worse it gets. (I'd be afraid to check on one that hadn't been used in 25 years and was known to have bugs and larger critters in it too. But it has to be done; do you have any gullible friends?
            "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

A few years ago we had new windows put in and new roofing and siding on the house, at that time someone (I think it was the landlord) used a ladder to remove a couple bird's nest and and plug some holes but that was from the outside, I don't think he actually went inside the attic.

This is a really old farmhouse (My mom grew up here) and the basement has been nicknamed shelob's lair in the past, but it's not as bad as it used to be.

Comment

I kept hearing stuff moving in the same spot in my room, aka the garage, I figured it was the neighbors because the garage of the other half of the duplex shares a wall with mine and our neighbors rent their garage as a bedroom too. Then tne noise started moving and squeaking.

I gots a mouse. No I haven't seen his motorcycle yet.
                Jack Faire
                Friend
                Father
                Smartass

Comment

No animals in our attic, but we sleep on the top floor, and we can hear the squirrels scurrying about on the roof. It's a really creepy sound, especially if I've read anything by Lovecraft before sleeping.

Comment

Working...
                  X