He just acts like a big kid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He just acts like a big kid

This was said about someone on a show and what I hate are the reasons why this person is considered a big kid.

1) Lives in his shop instead of maintaining a seperate residence. (apparently children live in school)

2) Likes to goof around with friends (apparently adults aren't supposed to do this)

3) Has never been married (so until your married your a child)

4) Hasn't had a lot of girlfriends (so your supposed to date around a lot to prove your adult your not allowed to have high standards or be content not dating?)

She then went on to say he takes no responsiblity for himself yet I never heard any but the part that made me mad was that the four above were considered hallmarks of acting like a child.

Being married didn't suddenly make me an adult, older, or more mature. If I become a professional writer my home will be my office. I don't date a lot because I am happy with just me and I will date someone if I meet someone I want to date forgive me for being a child because I don't think bar hopping is fun.
    Jack Faire
    Friend
    Father
    Smartass

This one gets to me too. I'm single and happy, and don't want kids. In some people's eyes, that makes me a child, even though I am 30. Fuck that very much. I refuse to believe that I am less of a person than somebody who gets pregnant and has a baby at 14, or marries for all the wrong reasons.

Comment

Meh. I'm still a big kid I think. A rabid fanboyism of Batman and Comics. A stupid need to feel loved. Few friends outside of internet.

I still do homework and study hard. I still pay my bills. I try to work, though its limited severly due to medical issues.

Maybe I should be on TV.
      Toilet Paper has been "bath tissue" for the longest time, and it really chaps my ass - Blas
      I AM THE MAN of the house! I wear the pants!!! But uh...my wife buys the pants so....yeah.

Comment

Pardon my French...but the whole "grow up, you're an adult" pisses me off. Granted, by the time you become an adult you shouldn't be acting like an immature jackass....but that's beside the point. Yes, I do have the "sensible car" (the Corolla), live in a house in the 'burbs, and work full-time. The only kids I want right now...have 4 legs, tails, and meow. That's as "adult" as I plan on getting. Oh, and after watching my parents fight for the past 30+ years, I'm in no hurry to get married either. Sorry, but I don't need someone nagging me to death for the rest of my life. Fuck that shit.

I too do not find bar-hopping to be fun. I'd rather have some wine...and play with my Legos, or the model cars, trains, etc. Also in the collection, are a selection of vintage Radio-Flyer wagons, several hundred diecast model cars (Hot Wheels, Matchbox, Corgi, etc.) What can I say, other than when I was a child, many of the cool toys were simply too expensive. Now that I have some extra cash, I'm going to indulge a bit. Not to the point of obsession, but people seem to have a problem with that.

It sucks that I have to disclose my true self to any potential 'mates,' but I'm not about to waste my time. If they can't accept my hobbies, they can fuck off.

Comment

I personally take "you're like a big kid!" as a badge of honor. Plaid, you and I should start a club!

Comment

I must be a big kid too!

No one seems to understand that I just want to be myself and not have to put a mask up to me "normal". I watch anime, sew, knit, paint, and have a lot other hobbies. I don't want to bar hop, drink until I can't walk strait, and put myself in danger. I have no need to tie myself to another person and depend on them.

The thing is I have a job as an engineer and an engineering degree. I work in an open pit mine and that is not a place you want to be a kid in because of the potential danger. I live on my own and pay my bills. Does that not make me an adult?
            "Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe" -H. G. Wells

"Nature, to be commanded, must be obeyed" -Sir Francis Bacon

Comment

In the words of XKCD:

"We're adults now. Which means it's our turn to decide what that means."
              All units: IRENE
              HK MP5-N: Solving 800 problems a minute since 1986

Comment

In that case, Sir Integra, I say that being an adult means I get a laser gun!

Comment

1) Lives in his shop instead of maintaining a seperate residence
                  Hang on, so owning and running his own business and premises is immature now?
                  I am a sexy shoeless god of war!
                  Minus the sexy and I'm wearing shoes.

Comment

Originally posted by Nyoibo View Post
                    Hang on, so owning and running his own business and premises is immature now?
                    Yep according to the woman it is.
                    Jack Faire
                    Friend
                    Father
                    Smartass

Comment

Working...
                    X