Petty Drama And Dumb Arguments...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Petty Drama And Dumb Arguments...

Drama itself always sucks, but it's even worse when it's over the stupidest, silliest thing and you find that grown adults sometimes can't quit acting like children. It's almost not even worth fighting or apologizing or anything.

I'm friends with a former coworker and I work with her bf.

I work with mostly guys, and we have a lot of dirty and crazy inside jokes, as would be expected, because we all have the same sense of humor.

There was an inside joke amongst us about her bf, and I mentioned something about it on FB.....and never checked back on it. Apparently, she blew her top over it and ranted and raved to another of our coworkers about how pissed she was at me.

More than a week later, I get a nasty PM....one of those "You KNOW what you did, leave the situation alone, you know exactly WHY I'm mad at you!"

She has seen me multiple times this past week, never once said a word to me. I tried to say hi to her one day, but she turned her back to me, so I figured she was upset, but I thought we'd been friends and knew one another long enough and were too mature to play "You KNOW what you did!" with one another.

This whole situation is so retarded, I'm just curious what will happen when we go back to work next week.

I wrote her back that I was sorry and never meant to hurt anyone's feelings and that it's just an inside joke, I figured her boyfriend told her about it long ago when the joke started....and again I was sorry that I upset her. But I don't think it will help.
    Last edited by blas87; 05-07-2010, 04:37 PM.

Ugh. I hate stupid drama too. People who start drama over little things are just bored with their own lives, so they stir stuff up so they have something a little "exciting" for once. At least when teenagers do it, their hormones and immaturity can be blamed. With adults,it is just sad.
    "It's after Jeopardy, so it is my bed time."- Me when someone made a joke about how "old" I am.

Comment

I'm not sure what to call the drama going on in my writing class. I really don't want her to quit.

I love her book. I haven't read a book so fast in my life. It's called Loose Girl by Kerry Cohen, and it describes herself as a teen when she equated sex for love. She was so desperate for love, well, attention really, that she did so many things. She felt plain, and had such a huge hole in her heart. Her mom ran to a different country to be a doctor after a lifetime of being a artist, her dad tried to be her friend, which meant supplying her with coke and money to buy stuff.

... She's had an intresting life. It made me really think hard on alot of things. Made my life's concerns pretty petty. I'm desperate for love too, but I wouldn't do that. (Not that it would work. I'm not exactly a looker as it is) But I did do crazy things, like cutting myself, or degrading myself enough to basically act like a stupid dog to anyone who would even be a friend, even if that meant doing rather illegal acts.

She never told us what she wrote. Just that she wrote. Now the students that looked into, have started spreading that she still like that, and some are saying this class is easy, all they gotta do is fuck the teacher to get an A. Naturally these are all the same assholes and idiots who thinks it bullshit to have to write so many essays every class. (Seriously, its two a week, and in class exersises...), and its a GODDAMN WRITING CLASS.

She feels like this is sexual harsment, and I agree. I've doing what I can to help, and she does have her supporters, who I managed to convience to talk to the dean to make sure they understand that the teacher is NOT talking about her sex life in class, AT ALL.

It's worst because it still something she shruggles with. SHe has a husband, who she loves, and who loves her. It was the first person that she held herself off on sex, and he let that go. She wanted it to work with him. She wanted to feel that love. She tells him everything, even that she still struggles alot with her issues. He told her that they'll get through anything. She doesn't know what to think, because last few page states that she is afraid to screw it up, because he has so much trust in her. I hope for the best for her. She so happy to have kids, so happy to have a husband that is there for her.

She also happy that despite the many partners she had, (and this was during the 80's-90's) that she didnt get any STDs, or any pregenices, despite the fact she has had unprotective sex.

Seriously, I love this teacher. She's there for us, and helps us with homework, does whatever she can just like any other teacher I have had.

She, along with others, have really made me realize that I'm... halfway smarter then I thought previously. It made me feel like I can do something with my life, even if I'm likely to fail, I'm at the very least going to try.
      Toilet Paper has been "bath tissue" for the longest time, and it really chaps my ass - Blas
      I AM THE MAN of the house! I wear the pants!!! But uh...my wife buys the pants so....yeah.

Comment

Plaid, she's really your teacher?! That's so cool! I saw her book being marketed/discussed on tv somewhere and was really interested in it. You're so lucky, and your fellow students are dicks.

Comment

Yep she is, and your not the first person to say that ether. She's done some talk shows like Oprah and Dr. Phil, and other stuff. Lots of news stuff on Powells and such. I'm pretty happy with her, and I hope my fellow students get heads out of their asses. But I doubt it.
          Toilet Paper has been "bath tissue" for the longest time, and it really chaps my ass - Blas
          I AM THE MAN of the house! I wear the pants!!! But uh...my wife buys the pants so....yeah.

Comment

Originally posted by Plaidman View Post
            Yep she is, and your not the first person to say that ether. She's done some talk shows like Oprah and Dr. Phil, and other stuff. Lots of news stuff on Powells and such. I'm pretty happy with her, and I hope my fellow students get heads out of their asses. But I doubt it.
            Hmm, if I were you, I'd make a snide comment on how your teacher is probably reminding them of their high-school experiences and they're lashing out out of shame/regret.

Comment

My mom used to be friends with a woman who was like this. She would call people up and say things like, "I'm REALLY worried about so-and-so, because I saw her today, and she was . . . (blah blah blah)," just gossiping and starting rumors. One time, she even made it a point to ask another woman to go shopping with her and to lunch right in front of my mom, and immediately after she asked, she looked at my mom like "See, I'm asking her and not you. How are you going to react to that?"

Comment

If it wasn't for the sexual harassment, I'd say let those idiots think what they want. They'll get a bid surprise when they go for that "easy A".

Comment

Working...
                X