No announcement yet.

Anyone else notice this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope you also don't sit there at the pharmacy counter, block the whole works, bitch to everyone around about how long it's taking, have gone to prison for awhile for phoning in fake scripts, etc etc etc.

She's a piece of work.

I'll also add one of our favorite customers ever has a scooter thing coated in fun stickers. He's a kick in the ass anytime he comes in, even if I know he's not feeling so hot that day.

Comment

Heh. No. I move my scooter to the back of the waiting-near-the-counter area after I've ordered, and usually just slump there a while until my scripts are ready. I'm afraid I'm not laugh-a-minute - maybe I'll get like that as I get better. (I hope I will!)

Sounds like you have a cool customer, though.

Comment

The vast majority of them really are. There's just a couple of shitters who need to go away. Just like everywhere else

Comment

I remember reading in one post someone justifying a SC's behaviour who refused to approach the employee, and instead insisted on shouting at them from a distance, by saying he likely had a personality disorder.
          It couldn't be that these people are disgusting, rude, arrogant twats. Nay, it's a disorder and we should be sensitive to that.
          CancelMyService is right: 9/10 times the issue has nothing to do with a disorder of any sort, and the mention of the possibility of this disorder only leaves us feeling guilty.

Comment

I can't speak for anyone else, but now that I know why I've been doing it, I'll do it less often and (hopefully) only in situations where it's called for.
            Last edited by Seshat; 02-10-2008, 07:51 AM.

Comment

It's always something to keep in mind, but we then have to keep in mind too that for as rare as some of these conditions are, 98 times out of 100, it isn't a condition.

Or, as some could argue, there is a disease state present:

"Needing a shower-itis"
              "Change your underwear-itis"
              "I'm an asshole-osis"

My vote is for the latter, although working in a pharmacy, I always run through the possibilities in my head before deciding to label someone one thing or another.

Comment

I don't know if it's so much that people offering up that side of the issue are walking doormats.

I think there are just some people who were raised with a strong belief in the Golden Rule, as well as the credo, "Walk a mile in someone else's shoes".

Many have been conditioned to give the benefit of the doubt or attempt to see the good in others first.

Some have just seen too much horror and sadness and inhumanity to others.
                Some have been on the receiving end of it.

I agree that 9 times out of 10, there is a fault that lies with the person who is standing there, reeking, or high on drugs, or buzzed on alcohol, and it has nothing to do with unfortunate circumstances of their life or mental illness.

There is that 1 time out of 10, however, when it is the result of things in the past that are out of the person's control. Since none of us can really know which is which, some choose not to cast that stone without really having all the facts.
                Point to Ponder:

Is it considered irony when someone on an internet forum makes a post that can be considered to look like it was written by a 3rd grade dropout, and they are poking fun of the fact that another person couldn't spell?

Comment

Working...
                X