Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poor circulation

I have shitty blood circulation.

For starters, I'm a side sleeper with one hand under my head. Always have been. Can't really change it, unless I give up sleep. I frequently wake up in the night with one hand gone numb and have to switch positions. This especially sucks in the morning when I can't get my alarm off because my hands are useless.

Secondly, I'm fat and inactive. So my blood just sits there and congeals in my veins. Although work has taken care of a large part of this problem.

Thirdly, since I've been at work I've developed some pain in my left wrist and elbow, and it tends to cause numbness when I use that arm. If I use my hand much, even for little things like doing dishes, brushing my teeth or making coffee, I feel this pressure right dead center in my wrist and my hand starts getting pins n needles.

Ugh.

That sounds like carpal tunnel to me. Though I'm not a doctor of course, and I don't know you personally, but it sounds like what I get. If you haven't seen a doctor you might want to consider it, if it gets too bad.

I wake up every morning pretty much with a numb hand (the one I sleep on.) and if I'm typing or drawing or writing for too long my hand goes numb. Repetitive work will do that, or too much typing and writing.

Fun fact: A coworker of mine was refused worker's comp for her carpal tunnel (or something like it, it was a neurological problem) because dealing (Cards!) isn't a repetitive job according to the workers comp board.

Comment

Side-Sleeping Numb-Handers UNITE!!!!!

Comment

I usually sleep face down in the pillow with my hands tucked under it, and it feel your pain. As time goes on, I shift in all different directions, and have more than once woken up with numb hands, arms or legs.

Comment

Currently I sleep in a folding chair.
          Jack Faire
          Friend
          Father
          Smartass

Comment

Working...
          X