Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

People who tell you to do something you've already said you'll do.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People who tell you to do something you've already said you'll do.

Seriously? Is it just a power tripping thing?

A store has an issue with a shipping label and is claiming UPS is rejecting it. I know the person who was going to pick it up is BS'ing but whatever.

I told them that I've never seen UPS reject a package for the reason they're claiming but I'll get another label and email it to them. His response.

"You need to send us a new label".

Didn't I just say I was going to do that?

Of course, it doesn't help this is coming from a newly promoted manager who is suffering from "high horse" syndrome. Has his nose in everything in the store, is making tons of changes (thus throwing the staff in chaos) and is trying to dictate to me how to do my job (even though I'm not his employee).

My boss at the game store would do that all. the. time.

I'm partway through packing up an ebay item, shipping label is printed but I need to scrounge in the back hall for more packing material. Boss catches me, cue whine about "why isn't this shipped yet? Paypal says we need to ship within 24 hours!' (I'm working on it, and no they don't).

"You need to research X" (barked while I'm doing it, please for the love of Cthulhu stop hovering you're making me nervous)
    "Get those magazine returns out" (they've been ready to go for an hour, FedEx's website is slow again so I can't print the label; you don't want me to handwrite it so we have to wait until it prints. Seriously, getting this out at 2 PM instead of noon isn't going to make the credit go poof)

Somehow, my having Aspergers "means" that I need to be told 34612387 times in one hour what has to be done (that's a good way to ensure that it's put at the bottom of my to-do pile; I don't appreciate being treated like a toddler)
    Last edited by Dreamstalker; 05-18-2010, 02:46 PM.
    "Any state, any entity, any ideology which fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

Comment

God my mom has been doing this. I volunteered to take over dishes, they won't get done otherwise, now I have her telling me when to do them.
      Jack Faire
      Friend
      Father
      Smartass

Comment

By the same token it's really annoying when I ask someone to do something and it takes them forever and a day to get to it. When I ask for something I generally mean now...not 2 days later. Or 6 months later.
        https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
        Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Similar to when you flat out admit that you realize you made a mistake and fucked up, followed by the authority saying "HEY. YOU FUCKED UP. YOU MADE A MISTAKE." Yeah, I just said that, I just acknowledged it, so there was no reason for you to say it.

Comment

Oh, my boss at the hotel does that all the time. He'll call and ask me to send him a statistics report... oh you mean that report that I send you every night I work anyway because, oh you know, it's my job *grr*
            "I'm Gar and I'm proud" -slytovhand

Comment

Originally posted by DrFaroohk View Post
              Similar to when you flat out admit that you realize you made a mistake and fucked up, followed by the authority saying "HEY. YOU FUCKED UP. YOU MADE A MISTAKE." Yeah, I just said that, I just acknowledged it, so there was no reason for you to say it.
              Did you get the memo? We're using new cover sheets. I'll make sure you get the memo again.

Comment

Working...
              X