the same "joke" over and over

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the same "joke" over and over

I know I've griped about this on other boards, but just for some background info - the computer which I use in the church office is old, does NOT handle running an Internet connection well, and everytime it has to be manually rebooted, I have to plug/unplug a particular cord to get the Internet connection "kicked in".

Anyhow, what makes this even more frustrating is that anytime I have to do the "plugging/unplugging" bit and someone else is in the office, that person "has" to make comments like "hehehe......how come you're crawling around on the floor?" or "You should just put your keyboard and monitor on the floor....hehehehe." (one of the preschool directors is especially bad about this)

Unfortunately, I don't know of a tactful way to tell these people to shut up, that their comments/jokes are NOT helpful and just make me feel more irritated at the situation.

It's even worse when it's the SAME person making the SAME jokes all the time.

I hae some (nonperishable) food in my office yet whenever people come in they feel they have to comment "Opening a store?" "It looks like Costo in here!".

Yeah, I can't predict where I'll be and when and if I'll be able to get something to eat so this is convenient for me (and a lot cheaper).

Comment

Originally posted by draggar View Post
      I hae some (nonperishable) food in my office
      Hey I do that. I keep cans of beans in my desk drawer so if I am running late in the mornings and can't make lunch I still have food I can eat without having to go out to eat.
      Jack Faire
      Friend
      Father
      Smartass

Comment

I totally feel you dog.

I have two that irritate me: Being taller, whenever I need something that's lower down I'll usually just get down on my knees to do it (like if I'm stocking groceries and doing the bottom shelf) and someone always says "Say one for me while you're down there!"

The other: My first name is John and my last name is a verb. Since I don't want to give out my last name, lets pretend its "Comehere". So people are always saying "Hey John. Come here." and then laughing.

Comment

Usually those jokes that people tell over and over again were never that funny in the first place.

Comment

Im a cashier I except sweet old people who are on the border of being demented.
            when something is giving me trouble and not scanning they usually say
            "If it doesn't scan its free"

Leads to several responses:
            "Thats a good one, I could make so much money if that was true"
            <- manager standing over me

"53", "53?", "Yes that is the 53rd time this week I have heard that"
            <- I quit counting and just make up a number because I would go insane

IF they fumbling for payment after joke I tell my own
            "You know the longer it takes to find your credit card the more we have to change"
            <- results in confused look, sometimes breaks the spirit but they get I just put them in position they put me

"If your planning on blowing me later, Ill gladly give this to you for free, else I need my job"
            <- Management is not around, reserved for some coworkers and really really understanding customers. Pretty much people I wouldn't have to worry about them taking offense and getting me fired.

Comment

Working...
            X