No one else

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No one else

Disclaimer: This is not an "i hate my stepson" or "demon spawn" thread.

But I am sick of the fact that no one else wants to deal with him. And oddly enough, the only person who does most of the time is me.

His father: Used to take him every weekend. It was a nice break. But Daddy is about as low on the lowlife scale as you can get, and right now he's in jail for something or other, and he'll be homeless when he gets out. He never sees him anymore let alone takes him for a few days. He's all but out of the picture now.

His father's parents: Used to take him every weekend up until about a month ago when grandmother decided to just randomly leave. Fled the country for whatever reason and her only contact is through the occasional phone call. Since then Grandpa just doesn't really have the time or energy. The first weekend he was sick, the next weekend he was sick, now he's being stalked by fanatical drug lords who are apparently upset because of something Daddy did to them. So he's fading from the picture pretty fast.

On Mama's side of the family....Grandma's work schedule just doesn't allow for her to take the kids anymore except for Saturday night, and since Grandpa is working full time now he forbids the kids coming over for sleepovers on Saturday nights as that's their only time off together.

Jesus Christ. I'm not asking anyone else to raise him for me, but it'd be nice if the rest of the family took at least a LITTLE involvement in his life. I know I bitch about him more than anyone but he's not all that bad. For a six year old.

It looks like people have their own shit to deal with, especially the grandfather and father.

I can't imagine what the home environment must be for such a six-year old...

Comment

Other than the ritual beatings, hours of psychological torture experiments and devil worship, home life isn't too bad for him.

Comment

Originally posted by DrFaroohk View Post
        Other than the ritual beatings, hours of psychological torture experiments and devil worship, home life isn't too bad for him.
        Quoth Grif

"Sir, I'm no stranger to sarcasm."

Comment

Why would you want to send the kid to any of those places? None of them sound especially inviting at the moment?

Comment

I get what you mean, DrF. It is frustrating when family is not a part of a child's life, especially a biological parent. I am sorry that your stepson has to deal with family like that, especially his father. Perhaps it is better that his father doesn't take him because of the trouble he gets into.
            "It's after Jeopardy, so it is my bed time."- Me when someone made a joke about how "old" I am.

Comment

It's obviously not just the visits it's that the kid's entire routine has been thrown off. Children are creatures of habit when major figures drop out it can really have a strong affect.
              Jack Faire
              Friend
              Father
              Smartass

Comment

Working...
              X