The latest craze in Facebook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The latest craze in Facebook

I am so sick of opening my home page to find that yet another of my friends has "liked" a page with a title that takes up my whole freakin screen.

Then, a couple of updates down, another friend has joined the same damn page, or another just like it.

WTF???

What is with that new trend?

I am seriously considering defriending the next person who does it, or sending a message to Facebook asking for a limit on the number of characters a page can use in the title.
    Point to Ponder:

Is it considered irony when someone on an internet forum makes a post that can be considered to look like it was written by a 3rd grade dropout, and they are poking fun of the fact that another person couldn't spell?

You can just hide all stuff from those people on your news feed. When you hover your mouse to the right of it, a Hide button appears.

I have a friend that just joined facebook in the past year. She just finished her freshman year of college. Every day she likes about another 20 pages. So far she has liked over 1,000 pages. It's ridiculous.

What really pisses me off is you can't like someone joining something without joining it yourself now. For ages, we have been asking for a dislike button and now we get a NEW like button? What kind of crap is this?
    Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Doesn't that hide all of their feeds, though?

I did go to select hide, but the option was to totally hide the friend.

Unless they are continually liking pages such as that, I don't want to miss everything they post.

I think Facebook needs to do something.
      Status updates can only be 420 characters for a reason.
      Point to Ponder:

Is it considered irony when someone on an internet forum makes a post that can be considered to look like it was written by a 3rd grade dropout, and they are poking fun of the fact that another person couldn't spell?

Comment

Hm, yea, the hide button hides all their stuff. I have another idea, let me check...

Hm, guess you can't change it anymore but you used to be able to choose what shows up in your news feed. Damnit facebook keeps getting more frustrating to use.
        Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Originally posted by Ree View Post

I think Facebook needs to do something.
          Status updates can only be 420 characters for a reason.
          Yet the comments below them can be as long as you want. It's maddening when I want to post a joke or something else that could be long. I either split it in two or just say "Posting a funny joke in the comments" for my status update.

Comment

I must agree, Ree. It's very annoying you can only have so long of a status update, but your entire main page can be covered in stupid Farmille and Cafe City and what the hell ever updates and stuff your friends "like"....I had one friend one day who "liked" so many groups that it took up almost half of the page.

Comment

It looks like people have started reporting those really long titles as an abuse of Facebook.
              Point to Ponder:

Comment

Originally posted by Greenday View Post
                I have a friend that just joined facebook in the past year. She just finished her freshman year of college. Every day she likes about another 20 pages. So far she has liked over 1,000 pages. It's ridiculous.
                I hope that isn't me. If it is, I'm sorry I've been getting really bored at home and I don't really think about it showing up on other people's pages. Again, if it is me, I'm sorry.

Ree, if you don't want to see anything but status updates, then on the left hand toolbar, there is a thing that says 'friends' click that. Then under that, 'status updates' will appear. Click that. Then all you will get is status updates.
                Last edited by McDreidel09; 05-23-2010, 03:10 AM.
                "It's after Jeopardy, so it is my bed time."- Me when someone made a joke about how "old" I am.

Comment

The other Facebook thing that bothers me (and Ree I'm not referring strictly to you) are people posting pictures of injuries/bodily harm. A dear friend has a gash across her knee as her profile picture - GROSS. That's right up there with posting statuses describing your child's bowel movements in graphic detail.

Comment

I wouldn't make a bodily injury my profile picture.
                    That's disturbing.

I don't know why I posted the pictures of my foot today. It's not really something I would normally do. I guess it's because it hurt like hell and I had nobody to sympathize with me.
                    I can post and say that I hurt my toe, and it seems minor, but the picture shows just how bad it really is.

My apologies if I grossed anyone out.
                    Point to Ponder:

Comment

I am so sick of opening my home page to find that yet another of my friends has "liked" a page with a title that takes up my whole freakin screen.

Then, a couple of updates down, another friend has joined the same damn page, or another just like it.

WTF???

What is with that new trend?

I am seriously considering defriending the next person who does it, or sending a message to Facebook asking for a limit on the number of characters a page can use in the title.
                      I am using that entire quote as the title of my new Facebook page.

Comment

Um, I hate the friends who confuse, facebook and twitter, or like the two,really don't need that big of a play by play of your life.

Actually, Im beginning to hate facebook in general (have for months lately)all the new updates are annoying and as soon as you get used to them, the whole fucking site changes for the worse.

Comment

Originally posted by insertNameHere View Post
                          Um, I hate the friends who confuse, facebook and twitter, or like the two,really don't need that big of a play by play of your life.
                          That doesn't bother me at all.

I have friends for a reason, and I don't mind getting updates about things going on with them.

I block a lot of the game updates because I don't play them, and I really don't care about that stuff.

I just had a problem with the page titles that took up my whole screen.

A lot of time, I use my little netbook to go online, and it's annoying to have to scroll down and then click on older posts repeatedly to see anything.
                          Point to Ponder:

Comment

My apologies if I grossed anyone out.
                            No worries. Yours didn't even gross me out or phase me - it's the bloody cuts and scrapes, the sliced off fingertips and the like that get me. Even worse are the ones who update everyone on healing wounds by taking daily pictures. Blech.

Comment

I have a friend whose husband had some type of abdominal surgery a couple of weeks ago.
                              He had some complications, and they posted pictures of his bruised and swollen belly.
                              That was a bit disturbing.
                              Point to Ponder:

Comment

Working...
                              X