I'M A Loser?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'M A Loser?

We don't need to speak yet again about all the peer pressure I deal with in regards to binge drinking and driving drunk, but now I am being bugged to smoke pot.

Really? Are we 12 years old again? Get that shit away from me and leave me alone.

It's bad enough that I am considered a "loser" by some because I don't have a criminal record and don't drink until I go into a coma and then proceed to drive, but now I'm an even bigger loser because I don't smoke pot?

I did when I was younger. It's dumb. I was getting progressively dumber and lazier every day. I stopped. No intention to do it anymore.

You are a loser, smoking pot all the time and trying to force it on others. You could just let it be, but now you have to be a bully and call me names because I don't want to smoke with you.

I used to let it be. I tried to not judge people who smoked pot as all being losers, but now I'm pretty tempted to, if they are going to cross the boundaries and become bullies and call ME a loser because I don't smoke and don't want to.

Oh, and by the way....it's a GOOD thing to not have a criminal record and have never been arrested. If you think getting in trouble is fun, I'm sure you'll find it really fun trying to get certain jobs. Have fun getting all your paperwork from the courthouse from all of your DUIs and Possesion charges.

You are SO not a loser. People who wreck their lives like that need to feel validated...misery loves company and all that. And you're refusing to be miserable with them.

Good on you.

Comment

Thank you very much for your kind words and support.

I have even told people "If I DID smoke with you, and sometime that week went to work and god forbid something fell on me or I got cut really bad and had to be drug tested, are you going to pay my rent for me when I get fired for failing?"....their jaws drop and eyes widen a bit...."Yeah, that's what I thought."

Of course, there are some who just laugh and say "Don't be paranoid. Trust me, you need to loosen up."

I want to say "You need to get loosened up in prison."

I don't think in general that smoking pot makes you a loser or makes you stupid, at this point, I just think it's only fair that if I'm being called a loser for refusing, they are losers for not listening.

Comment

Yeah, I prefer to make my own fun than do what other people want me to do. I don't get the appeal of drugs, it ruins to many people's lives and really isn't worth ti from what I have seen.

Comment

A loser for having no criminal record? WTF? Sadly, this shouldn't surprise me, but it just sounds so ass backwards that it does.

Comment

Wow. Really? Are they in Jr High or something? For reals.
            "It's after Jeopardy, so it is my bed time."- Me when someone made a joke about how "old" I am.

Comment

What idiots. The only reason they want you to smoke pot with them is so that they don't feel bad.
              "Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe" -H. G. Wells

"Nature, to be commanded, must be obeyed" -Sir Francis Bacon

Comment

Sounds like these people are projecting so hard they could point themselves at a wall and show off powerpoint presentations.
                Idiocracy, who says it's fiction?
                Customer: I need an Apache.
                Gravekeeper: The Tribe or the Gunship?

Comment

Ugh, if there's anything worse than a pushy drunk, it's a pushy pothead. To paraphrase Daniel Tosh, "Someone will ask me 'Hey, you wanna smoke pot?' Hell, no, I've got shit to do! Why don't you use cocaine like an adult?"

Yes, I smoked at a few parties over a period of two years, and I wish I never had. Such a stupid, silly habit. Blas, I don't know what it is about rural areas that make people think breaking the law or getting arrested is awesome. It happens in my hometown, too.

Comment

Blas I think you're right on the money. You are a responsibile adult who has their priorities in order. The others pressuring you are just immature assholes who can't run their own life.

i don't smoke the shit and have no desire too. i hate the smell and how it makes me feel.
                    https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                    Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Originally posted by insertNameHere View Post
                      Yeah, I prefer to make my own fun than do what other people want me to do. I don't get the appeal of drugs, it ruins to many people's lives and really isn't worth ti from what I have seen.
                      When you are responcible its alot of fun. It shouldn't be pusehed on people though.

Comment

Originally posted by Rageaholic View Post
                        A loser for having no criminal record? WTF? Sadly, this shouldn't surprise me, but it just sounds so ass backwards that it does.
                        Yeah, seriously, my criminal record is one juvinile misdemeanor (which is an oh so appropriate term) and a speeding ticket. That's it and I take NO pride in it, I take a measure of shame in it actually.
                        I can't understand how anyone could brag about having a criminal record (which I've heard people do)
                        "I'm Gar and I'm proud" -slytovhand

Comment

To a lot of people around here, it's like a badge of honor, getting in lots of legal trouble. I don't understand how anyone could think it's "cool".

Comment

Originally posted by blas87 View Post
                            To a lot of people around here, it's like a badge of honor, getting in lots of legal trouble. I don't understand how anyone could think it's "cool".
                            I've experienced enough back-asswardness in the people around me to understand that it probably fits the bill in this instance.
                            All units: IRENE
                            HK MP5-N: Solving 800 problems a minute since 1986

Comment

Blas- I gotta ask...do these people live with their parents and have no job???

If you wanna loosen up, have a few drinks at home with some friends or something. But I don't need to smoke something that a) makes me think too much b) makes me lazy and c) makes me wanna eat anything in sight!

Comment

Working...
                              X