Got suspended :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got suspended :(

Got my ass suspended from work for three days. Five if you count the weekend. I'm somewhat looking forward to the vacation.

But why was DrFaroohk suspended?

"I know why!" You might say. It's because DrFaroohk was mouthing off to the powers that be, perhaps being overly argumentative and disrespectful.

But nay! Tis not the case!

Perhaps, you say, it is because of his laziness and lack of productivity at work. Nay again! In fact they said I would have been fired if not for the fact that I was such a great employee.

So why was I suspended? Spitting! It was the end of the day, I was pushing this big giant empty bin of fish guts back into the sanitation room and I spit into it. Honestly I don't see what the big deal was. There were no fish around for it to contaminate and it was already nasty and filthy anyway. I mean really, what's more disgusting - rotting fish guts or my saliva?

But, it was a violation of the rules. Punishment accepted and as much as I wanted to I'm not going to do anything stupid. I totally get it - I could easily argue and argue like "Well blah blah lawyer lawyer stuff" but I won't.

What sucks is two minor little details:

First, the guy who wrote me up was busily popping candy into his mouth at the time - also a major no no. Of course no one even gave him a dirty look for eating, let alone a three day suspension.

Second, the guy who wrote me up actually didn't even care about what I did, until another co-worker who has issues with me (I whistle and he's got attitude problems) insisted he write me up just because he's got personal issues with me.

And no one batted an eye at this.

When _I_ was going to extreme measures to settle a largely personal issue, such as called the health inspector simply because I didn't care for the way my boss ran things, I was called petty, cheap and immature.

Even though my complaints were legit, even though the rules in question were clearly violated and it was my duty to report it, my motivation was called into question because I would have not have been making the complaint out of good will for the company or its customers, it was to satisfy my own personal sense of revenge.

And yet when someone else does it, its totally cool and actually irrelevent, because it doesn't matter why he reported my, it just matters that I fucked up.

And then people wonder why I act like everyone is against me. Well what do you call it when there's a completely different set of rules that applies to the rest of the world than to me, and the ones that apply to me are constantly changing so that no matter what I do or how the situation plays out, even in times of exactly opposite circumstances, I am always in the wrong.

Since no one's replied, I don't think anyone has mentioned that it was, "totally cool and irrelevant."

You kind of were being petty the last time, and these people were also petty. No more, no less.

Comment

Sounds like people were unhappy with you because you could have gotten their place of employment closed but didn't care when you got in trouble for breaking rules because it didn't affect them.

Comment

You did the right thing calling in the inspectors Dr, don't ever let anyone tell you different damn the numbers of the people.

I have nothing but pride for those who stand up for what is right.

I even have nothing but respect for those who fight for what they belive in, even if I disagree with it myself. Because they don't back down from it. (as long as they're respectful of my views too of course, I'm fine with disagreeing to agree, but its whole another ballgame if you demand your view only).

Eh. So, what exactly was the problem they wrote you up? What rule did you violate? Is there something flat out in the handbook that says no spitting?
        Toilet Paper has been "bath tissue" for the longest time, and it really chaps my ass - Blas
        I AM THE MAN of the house! I wear the pants!!! But uh...my wife buys the pants so....yeah.

Comment

I'm sure its in the rulebook somewhere. I don't know. I can't imagine it wouldn't be. Even if it wasn't, since when do companies follow the rules anyway?

For now I'm just enjoying my vacation. I checked in today to see how everyone was doing and they said it was a friggin trainwreck without me there. Good to know. At least I know I'm missed.

Comment

It's a health code violation. So, no, maybe not a RULE, but it is a LAW.

Comment

Yeah I know, technically it is a violation, but it really isn't. My saliva was at no point anywhere a fish, nor could it ever possibly have been.

It reminds me of the cops arresting people for DUI because they were in a parking lot looking at a car. "Well one of the functions of a vehicle is to look appealing, and you were looking at it so that means you were using one of its functions which equals Driving."

Comment

I will agree with you on how some people tend to get the short end of the sticks, and others get off scott free with murder over and over again.

I don't think it's you as a person, I just think it's a certain group of people that always seem to be getting shafted and in all kinds of troubles they don't deserve, while others who are not as good of workers or who commit more serious offenses get away with everything.

Comment

Good to know. At least I know I'm missed.
                  Perhaps, then, they'll think twice about doing it again
                  "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Working...
                  X