Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primus fans.

I hate certain Primus fans.
    Now, for anyone who doesn't know, Primus is an alternative rock band that makes what I like to call "acquired taste" music. I'm a fan myself, but not like these jackasses.

Primus used to have a slogan, which was "Primus sucks!". The fans would chant it at their shows and have a good time. However, a few years ago, the singer announced that he was sick of the slogan, and thought it wasn't funny anymore.

Onto the fans. On YouTube, you're guaranteed to get a few of the fans who still like to say "Primus sucks". New fans who don't know the origins will get really super pissed and basically tell the "old" fans to fuck off. The "old" fans will then jump on the new fans like a pack of wolves, telling them if they were "real" Primus fans they would know what it meant.

If you can't see what I'm getting at by now, here it is: "Old" fans are a bunch of dicks who use the old slogan to get a rise out of newbies and then satisfy their egos by flaming them and, to quote Lewis Black, saying, "I'm the greatest fucker here, and you sniveling shits would die without me! Ahahaha!"

At least there are some real old fans who know that the slogan was given up, and will then try to defend the newbies.
    "All I know is that I don't know" - Operation Ivy

Interesting.

I used to love Primus, and I have old live CDs of Les and the audience shouting Primus Sucks! at the shows.

I had no idea they had retired the slogan.

Of course, I don't go around yelling PRIMUS SUCKS! anyway.

Comment

There's always the "old" fan vs. "new" fan war when it comes to most things.
      Everyone wants to prove they're the bigger fan and use stupid tactics like this to get at other fans.

You would think the common interest of something specific would be enough to bring people together. But nope, not wneh egos are involved and someone's fandom is being questioned.

Personally I don't give a flying fuck if I'm a new fan of something or a life-time fan of something. I like it and that's the end of it.

Comment

Working...
      X