No announcement yet.

Not liking rules = SC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are some rules that I quite frankly don't give two shits about and do anyway because I think they are dumb. Sure, that probably makes me rude and immature and sucky, but I really don't care.

What I'm referring to are the idiot rules on my lease....you cannot use bug spray in your unit, you cannot have candles, you cannot have things on the wall......good Lord, I taped posters to my wall all the time growing up and never wrecked anything, my candles are Party Lite candles, they do NOT produce soot, and I tell you fucking what, every spring and summer I spray the hell out of this apartment top to bottom door to windows all the way around and I never have bug problems. You aren't supposed to use stuff to kill bugs, because it will "ruin" your apartment. Uh, my parents used bug spray and still do all the time and their house isn't rotting and falling apart. And no, I will not call the landlord every time I see a spider so that they can come in and snoop in my stuff and tell me that its' my fault a spider got in.

These rules are only in place because the landlords want any reason to come in to your place and get in your stuff, I feel. Why else would those rules be so stupid?

Comment

My landlord won't allow smoking in any of his flats. I obey that rule cuz I have to say, cigarette smoke not only lingers, but also stains the walls. I have a porch; it's no hardship for me to sit outside in the porch and smoke.

My friend also lives in the same complex, but she breaks that rule all the time. That's entirely up to her; I don't judge her for breaking it.
      "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

Comment

Originally posted by smileyeagle1021 View Post
        Not to mention contradictory.
        ).
        Emergency laws always trump normal rules of the road. At least in my area. It's basically a special case. Do X except in cases of Y.
        Last edited by jackfaire; 06-03-2010, 06:24 PM.
        Jack Faire
        Friend
        Father
        Smartass

Comment

Almost all rules systems have exceptions to rules and exceptions to the exceptions. It's kinda unavoidable.
          All units: IRENE
          HK MP5-N: Solving 800 problems a minute since 1986

Comment

Originally posted by blas87 View Post
            What I'm referring to are the idiot rules on my lease....you cannot use bug spray in your unit, you cannot have candles, you cannot have things on the wall......
            Really? You can't have candles or ANYTHING on the walls? no photos or paintings or art of any kind? That's ridiculous.

BTW I have stuff on my walls and partylite candles and yeah they do great no soot.
            https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
            Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Damn..that sounds more like a student dorm than an actual apartment! Stupid rules like that are one reason why I would not consider living in a dorm if I ever went back to school.

Comment

Originally posted by Wingates_Hellsing View Post
                Almost all rules systems have exceptions to rules and exceptions to the exceptions. It's kinda unavoidable.
                Which kind of goes back to the OP... the fact that there are so many exceptions makes it entirely possible to be not like a rule without being an SC about it and seeing if there is an exception that can be used (and of course there are ways to be a SC and demand exceptions because you don't like it, but that is somewhat beside the point when the debate is whether or not disliking a rule automatically makes someone a SC)
                "I'm Gar and I'm proud" -slytovhand

Comment

Working...
                X