I AM the sysadmin!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I AM the sysadmin!!!!

Listen here, Mr. Windows 7. I AM in fact the system administrator. In fact, my account is currently the only account in existance and it is set to administrator. So quit fucking off, get your ass in gear and let me do what the fuck I want to do without having to right click "run as administrator" when I want to do something!

Grrrr....this is just so very annoying. I wish it were different. The "run as adminstrator" thing only works so far anyway. Sometimes I need to just plain edit a file, not run it, and there doesn't seem to be an "edit as administrator" option, so I find out I've wasted a bunch of time in the process when it says "ACCESS DENIED!"

Fucking computers. What's sad is that even the experts don't ever seem to have a clue as to what's really going on. The guy who invented the damn thing probably is scratching his head going "WTF is this???"

Go to Control Panel > User Accounts and disable User Account Control.

Comment

Vista will re-enable UAC each time it phones home for updates (even a registry hack only seems to work until the next update cycle); it seems a fair bet that Win7 will do that as well.
      "Any state, any entity, any ideology which fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

Comment

I've been running updates on Win7 and never seen UAC enabled automatically. Could be one of the many failures they fixed. Can't say enough that Win7 is nothing more than going back and doing Vista right.

Comment

Working...
        X