Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

People who have no idea what racism really is....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wingates_Hellsing View Post
    By that sentiment we should also never describe people's hair, clothes, or weight..
    Necessary when descrbing:

The person your trying to hook your friend up with

The person who committed a crime to the cops

The person your mocking or admiring for their hair, clothes, or weight

Writing a short story or a book where your setting a scene.
    Jack Faire
    Friend
    Father
    Smartass

Comment

Skin color also needed for the first two, the third if they try to pull the race card, and the fourth as part of setting the scene.
      All units: IRENE
      HK MP5-N: Solving 800 problems a minute since 1986

Comment

Originally posted by Wingates_Hellsing View Post
        Skin color also needed for the first two, the third if they try to pull the race card, and the fourth as part of setting the scene.
        I agree. It just seems like most people are using those attributes when descirbing a person you already know in which case for me clothing or hair style is helpful but none of the others are.
        Jack Faire
        Friend
        Father
        Smartass

Comment

Originally posted by Red Panda View Post

Would you say the same sentence with white guy instead of black?
          Why not...
          This crazy guy, holy shit I've never seen a white guy that big or angry, rushed into the store and just started in on a rage, yelling and shouting, spittle going everywhere.

No, it's not the same sentence, but it is a sentence that could be used.
          "I'm Gar and I'm proud" -slytovhand

Comment

Originally posted by smileyeagle1021 View Post
            Why not...
            This crazy guy, holy shit I've never seen a white guy that big or angry, rushed into the store and just started in on a rage, yelling and shouting, spittle going everywhere.
            That's a million times more racist-sounding than your original sentence.

This one implies that being "big and angry" is not tradtionally a "white" behaviour.

Comment

But it doesn't. It merely states that he's never seen a white person be that big or angry. If he meant that white people typically aren't big and angry, he would have said "I've never seen a white guy that big or angry, because white guys are never big and angry!"

People put way too much meaning into shit.

Comment

Originally posted by Boozy View Post
                That's a million times more racist-sounding than your original sentence.

This one implies that being "big and angry" is not tradtionally a "white" behaviour.
                It could also be read that it's not a traditional behavior of any race, and of white people I've seen he was the biggest and angriest...
                "I'm Gar and I'm proud" -slytovhand

Comment

Working...
                X