No announcement yet.

People Who Act Totally Insecure But Then Blow YOU Off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not to be arguementative (because I REALLY appreciate all of the responses) but as far as him not answering because he doesn't know my number - well, he knows I have his number but he doesn't have mine, so how else would he know I was calling unless he answers an unfamilliar number? I never answer numbers that I don't know, BUT if I'd given my number out then I would answer all calls just in case.
    He's a guy. We don't always think things through.
    "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Originally posted by Plaidman View Post

Or he may generally be afraid to answer it. .
      Seconded, thirded, and called to floor to vote.

I know when I was still looking for someone, the thought of actually emailing a guy on those dating sites terrified me... after all I had been turned down so many times I couldn't stand the thought of getting my hopes up, reaching out, and getting turned down again.
      I could honestly see him sitting there, staring at the phone ringing, heart racing, in a cold sweet, terrified to answer, afraid of what you are going to say, afraid that he will say the wrong thing, and most of all, terrified of the unkown that he is about to enter. You yourself said he sounded insecure and that is exactly what someone who is insecure is going to have running through their heads as they watch that phone ring.

For those who don't want a potential TMI from my past, skip the rest of my post, I think my experience though may give a good insite into what is going through that guy's head.
      I can remember my first time with a guy (I know, these stories never turn out well ) I had met him in an online group, we'd talked quite a bit, and when he found out I was passing through where he lived that we should meet up and mess around a bit (nothing more, we went into it with that understanding). When I actually got there I was so nervous that I couldn't get my hands to stop shaking. The exact thoughts going through my mind were, what if after he sees me in person he changes his mind, what if I say something stupid and he changes his mind, what if it's not what I expect, I was truly terrified (and if Red Headed Phone Girl was on fratching as well as CS she could confirm that for y'all, I had her on the phone while I was driving over having her walk me through my nervous breakdown). Afer all was said and done (and the world didn't come crashing down) I asked him, why me? Why when there were so many other guys out there who were better looking, more experienced, more confident, more comfortable with their sexuality (which I wasn't at that time), so why me?
      His response, and Sableonblonde I'd suggest if this is even close to true for you feel free to steal from it to tell this guy when you do eventually talk to him, "you may not be the best looking or most confident guy on the planet and you surely aren't the most experienced I've been with, but you are real. You have a personality once you let people see it. Hot guys who can make me cream my pants without trying are a dime a dozen, you are one of a kind. You are one of the few guys I've met online who didn't immediate ask how big my dick was or make comments about what you wanted to do to my ass... you saw me as a person rather than an object. That is worth more than any amount of good looks, or any amount of experience, or any amount of confidence."
      Find a way to turn his insecurity into an asset and you may very well change his life. Find a way to let him know that what sets him apart makes him special and unique and someone who can't just be easily replaced. I can guarantee you this, if he is even the slightest bit like me (as far as his insecurity is concerned), you will have him... there will always be a place in his heart for you for turning his greatest weakness into a strength and if you're interested in returning the feeling, it can turn into something great.
      "I'm Gar and I'm proud" -slytovhand

Comment

Want to thank you folks very much for your input -

Well, I did go to his house the other day. It turns out that I got one of the digits of his number wrong LOL All of that over-reacting over a simple misunderstanding...which is pretty much par for the course with me.

So we've hung out almost every day and are going out this weekend

Comment

See? All ya had to do was go over there.

He was likely freaking out because you didn't call him.

.... Good luck.
          Toilet Paper has been "bath tissue" for the longest time, and it really chaps my ass - Blas
          I AM THE MAN of the house! I wear the pants!!! But uh...my wife buys the pants so....yeah.

Comment

Working...
          X