New web browser versions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New web browser versions

With apologies; I was going to post this somewhere in Off Topic on the other site, but the school blocks it as "tasteless and offensive." It fits as something I hate well enough...

I *hate* changing web browsers (and most other programs, for that matter). Up to a point, at least, I'd rather deal with a missing feature or an odd way of doing something than to have the buttons and things moved around. And in some ways, for some products, an upgrade is as bad about this as outright switching to a replacement would be.

BUT...

I've come to expect a certain amount of that whenever the first digit of the version changes. To the point that, since Safari upgraded itself to version 5 this morning, instead of simply enjoying the fact that everything still looks and works the same (well, except that the progress bar, removed in version 4, is back) I've been all suspicious, worrying what they *did* change that will give me a nasty surprise later.

So: I hate when they change things, but I hate having gotten to the point that their *not* changing things makes me nervous. Is this remotely normal, or am I just being silly?
    Last edited by HYHYBT; 06-08-2010, 05:08 PM.
    "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

It's completely normal obvious changes are easy to deal with now. Subtle changes can bite you in a crisis situation.
    Jack Faire
    Friend
    Father
    Smartass

Comment

Working...
    X