I'm not mad at YOU, but........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not mad at YOU, but........

I so can't stand those people who say "It's not YOU I'm mad at, but (x) company........" or
    "I don't mean to take it out on you, but..........."

But.......you ARE.....aren't you?

I've done a LOT of customer service over the years, and one thing I realized a long time ago is that customers tend to think the employees are about 3 steps down the evolutionary scale than they are, and don't deserve one ounce of respect. If you have a gripe, then FINE - BE RATIONAL at least when trying to explain it. I don't need to wipe your spittle off my face because you had a bad experience, and you feel the need to be .025" from my face to shout your disgust at me, or measure your vocal capacity to that of a jet flying by about 25 feet from your head.

People that say the above quotes piss me off more than anything because it's hypocritical. They MEAN to take it out on you, and they will tear you as many new strips as it takes for them to get their point across.

Have people really lost that much self-control that they have to blow a vein at another human being just because their experience wasn't all it was cracked up to be? Sorry if I sound really dour about this, but I've seen it happen time and time again where someone has an issue and just has to have the vocal capability to drown out an atomic explosion to talk to a representative.

The ones I really can't stand are the ones who say they have a long-standing issue, but have NEVER.CALLED.IN.ONCE.ABOUT.IT until they are ready to explode.

I guess some people just enjoy their misery and spare no expense to inflict it upon others. Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeshhhhh...........

Well, I actually say it, and mean it, on occasion.

You see, I hate the voice mail jail. I had one today that took me 5 minutes to speak to somebody about an appointment on Wednesday.

Five minutes of listening to the same blather repeat over and over.

So, calmly, I told the rep that I needed to say something that was not directed at her. I hoped that the QA people would listen to this call recording, so they could know of one more person who was annoyed at a system that made it very difficult to speak to someone.

And that's what I said. And stressed again that it was not her, nor even her company, that I was upset with. Just with the voicemail system.

You're not talking about my type, though. I just wanted to say that, sometimes, people really do mean it.

Comment

It's even better when they bitch at you about something that another company does that you have no effect over.
      "Why does my insurance not cover this?" "why hasn't my doctor gotten back?"
      Well gee, I'm not them, how about you contact someone who could answer that one for you.

It's so cute when assholes come back months later and are surprised when I remember their names. Well, dickface, you made a hell of an impression last time, just so you know.

Comment

Not long ago, the local hobby shop owner thought I was going to scream at him. He'd been trying to order some parts for me...which were for a discontinued kit, meaning he couldn't get them. Nearly every weekend, I'd go over there...and leave without them. After about a year (yes really!) had gone by, he could tell I was a bit pissed. When I went to talk to him that night, he was nervous.

But, once I'd explained a few things--he'd given me great service over the years, was always willing to help me out, that sort of thing. I wasn't upset with him, since it wasn't *his* fault his supplier was being a bastard. I also *couldn't* get upset with him--he was doing me a favor, and not charging me the $5 shipping on the parts....which I appreciated.

I try to keep my anger in check. There's no point in making things worse. However, if the person is just being a prick, or is giving my 91-year-old grandmother a hard time...look out

Comment

Working...
        X