When Your New Shoes Hurt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When Your New Shoes Hurt

I got a new pair of shoes last week from Target, Mossimo brand shoes. They were on clearance for $12.99. I usually prefer high heels for shoes to wear on my days off, but these were wedges with about 2 inches of a boost, and they seemed comfy and just as cute.

This is hard to describe, but the part of the shoe....kind of like flip flops where the strap goes in between your big toe and second toe.......after I wore them Friday night, my left foot really hurt. I woke up Saturday and there had been a blister, it popped while I'd been sleeping, and now there's a big nasty rash on my second toe.

I won't be able to wear them again until Friday because of work, but I'm wondering if I should wear a bandaid under the shoe or put gauze around it or padding under the strap.....I paid for these shoes, dammit.....

This happened with the flats I bought for work a couple of months ago. A few days of wearing them later, the pain stopped, I just hate how new shoes always tend to freaking hurt.

For blisters I use moleskin. Possibly you could get a foot powder. As I don't wear women's shoes, I'm not sure how much more help I can be.

Breaking in my sage boots was a bitch. I so much prefer my black leather ones (despite having to shine them). Plus it doesn't help that the 8 1/2s I got are really like 9's.

Comment

Payless is the only store around here that caters to us fat footed ladies, so when I stray and buy elsewhere, I buy a half size or even a size bigger because my feet are so wide. I think I bought those in a 9 because 8 1/2 was still a little tight.

I just want to wear my new shoes if they hurt on Friday, I think I'll just put a bandaid on my toe or wrap gauze around the bottom of it and wear them anyway. It will go away, it's just that new shoes always have to hurt

Comment

I feel your pain, I bought a really nice pair of boots awhile back, the first time I wore them for an extended period of time I was nearly in tears because my feet hurt so bad. It sucks because they're really pretty.

Comment

Working...
        X