Why I hate soul searching..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why I hate soul searching..

I decided that I was going to start to mend fences with some old friends and family because I have been doing soul searching yada yada... So I have come to the conclusion if you stopped talking to someone... there was probably a very good reason you did... even if you cant remember.

Dear Family member that I want to slap the shit out of,

No one is going to hire you in a retail job for 15 dollars an hour. You have no experience and I believe the longest you kept up with anything is the years you have been on welfare. No cable is not a need, neither is name brand anything, no you dont need a god damn 40inch tv or a ps3 and no the school isn't racist because your son got suspended for telling the teacher to fuck off.

Dear old buddy

you can go fuck yourself and my ex. No I didn't lie about him beating the shit out of me... I had medical proof at the divorce hearing... No I shouldn't have tried to make him more happy and it was no way my fault for what he did. I dont care if the fucking nut job still thinks we are married because it is a sin to get divorced. I hope to god you never have a daughter because I pity if she married a man like him... to have you tell her if you didn't make him mad he wouldn't hit you. He is not just misunderstood... he is a sociopath and one of these days he is going to kill someone.. if he hasn't already... and no I am not giving you my Addy you fruitcake.. I dont care if you want to mail me something of mine... I haven't had it in 16 years I dont need it now and I am not risking you giving him my info. Yes I am hostile... I remember now why I told you to fuck off 16 years ago.

Dear rest of the family... I love you seriously... I am happy where I am... Hubby happy with his job... no we are not going back to school... he has a real job... he makes good money... we dont need a shit ton of money... we get by... seriously... please for the love of all that is holy understand... Neither Hubby or I think that we need the newest and bestest... the Jones can have the fancy shit.. we have enough to be happy and yes some times it is a little tight but we always make it... and sometimes we get stuff we want... no I dont need it NOW... I can save for it honest...

*sighs* Now I remember why I moved all the way to here... from there... *shakes head* Next time I go soul searching... I need to remember to slap myself.

You said it best in your first thought. There is almost always a genuinely good reason you quit talking to or being friends with someone. I think it's best to let it be, especially if certain fences are best broken or would take too much work to mend.

I don't think anyone on here would judge you or think bad of you for not wanting to make up with people. It sounds like you're better off without those people.

Comment

No one is going to hire you in a retail job for 15 dollars an hour.
      Oh man this is a pet peeve about my mother in law, She's been saying she needs a job, and she hasn't been in the job market for over 20 years, actually probably more like 26 (that's how old my hubby is). She refused a job at a sewing/vaccuum store (which would have been really good for her, she knows a lot about sewing), because the person who was looking said that she might have to sweep the floor when she closed the store. Seriously. She went on about how she's not doing a job that makes her sweep the floor. Just WTF. I don't know how she's going to go about finding a job if she refuses to do that kind of stuff.

Sorry I went off on a tangent....

I agree about having good reason for not talking to people. Unfortunately sometimes you forget why you stopped in the first place and figure you should try again.

Comment

Muses, Or the ones that are to good for any menial task. I have a friend that I love dearly but he wont take a job unless he is going to be respected. I looked at him and busted out laughing and I went wait so you want to be in a job where you never deal with people then right?

I am sorry but no one is always respected, sometimes you have to empty the trash... and just maybe do something "beneath" you.

Comment

I remember one time I came in for weekend overtime, and it was so unjustified that there were already other operators cleaning the room, and I was assigned to help clean for my entire shift. The idiot higher ups still demanded overtime from everyone, but there was so little work that the only tasks around were to clean.

There were one or two operators who, once I came in, said "Good, you're here, I'm not doing this anymore, they have JANITORS do this for us!"

Hell, as much as I hate overtime and especially giving up a night off, if I'm going to be paid $15.50 an hour to Swiffer and vaccuum some rugs......hell yes, I'll take that over dealing with machinery and the usual stress of my job. That was the easiest money I ever made.

Comment

When I was a teenager I hated working with other teenagers that felt our minimum wage jobs were beneath us.

As far as the soul searching I cut off my brother a couple of years back because he is an emotional drain and has this "woe is me" attitude about the way we grew up.

I understand not wanting to get those people back.
            Jack Faire
            Friend
            Father
            Smartass

Comment

Working...
            X