No excuses!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No excuses!

One of the things I do at work is make up a bunch of lids to the boxes with appropriate labels on them.

For some reason as of yet to be fully explained to me, these labels are like gold. They have to keep a strict count of them, they are locked up, and man don't they hate it when I get them out anyway without the key. But I need to sometimes, and I can't wait a half hour for one of the two retarded supervisors with a key to get them.

Another thing they hate is having extra lids made up at the end of the day. This perplexes me because sometimes its the only way to keep up. If I have an extra 300 of the XYZ label first thing in the morning, i've already got a good start. But they want zero extra lids, so I'm working on it.

Problem is, no one has any fucking clue as to whats going on there. We have a sheet we get every day that tells us exactly how many lids we need to make, but the problem is that its never right. It says I need 75 ABC labels...........well I might need 75, or I might need 100. Or I might only need 6.

And of course, every day they bitch. "Dude you have extra labels. Gotta watch that." To which I reply "I will always have extra labels until such time as people are communicating with me exactly how many lids i need to make."

"NO EXCUSES! I DON'T WANNA HEAR IT!"

Well what the fuck? If the people in charge can't even figure out how many orders we're getting, how the fuck am I supposed to?

Then make the labels as you get the lids. You get 1 lid in, make 1 label. You get 5 lids in, make 5 labels.

Yes, it will take a lot longer but you won't have any extra labels!

Comment

Which I would have no problem doing if that was my only job. The thing is I have other stuff to do, and the lids are kind of out of the way. If I just stand there and do the lids up I won't be able to get anything else done. If we had enough people, or if the supervisors wouldn't be like "Get to work!" when they just saw me standing there waiting for the next box, it'd be fine.

Comment

Sometimes "no excuses!" really means "no explainations!", that sounds like one of those cases.

Comment

Working...
        X