listing me as a reference for loans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• listing me as a reference for loans

To give the backstory on this - my sister and her husband bought a new car a few years ago, and apparently when applying for a loan or whatever they had to do, they listed me as either a reference or contact person.....not sure which.

Problem is, they did NOT ask my permission to give out my name/number to this compabny, nor did they even tell me about it.........I only found out because every so often I'll get a call asking me to tell my sister or her husband to contact them.

Kind of related, but one of my brother's stupid friends tried to use my parents as a co-signer on a loan he was trying to get, because he couldn't get it alone and his parents were too smart to co-sign for him, he's already screwed them enough.

My parents were outraged that this little shit had the nerve to ask that after what he'd done to his own parents with money in the past, and did he really think my parents were stupid and going to feel bad for him?

Mind you, this is the same idiot that kept bugging me on Facebook one Friday night because he desperately wanted to get a hold of my brother, he got a new phone and didn't have my brother's number anymore. Why oh why? Oh because he was storing a car for my brother that they were working on together, and he put a dead deer carcass on top of that car that he found on the side of the road, all bloody and bloated several months prior, and left it there since January, and refuses to take it off. Not to mention, this little inbreed got mad that my brother still hadn't found another place to store the car, so he decided to accidentally hit it with a snow plow.

Why did he all of a sudden want my brother's number? He wanted to borrow a gun.

Sorry, that went on for a bit. I hate that kid.

I hate when people you don't know well or don't trust want you to co-sign or use you as a reference.

Comment

Well, the weird thing about this is that my sister does recall having listed me as a reference on a car loan, but this would've been about ten years ago, they've since sold the said car, and the name of the collection agency/loan company wasn't familiar to her.

Mostly what bugs me about this is that I cannot remove my name from this company's database - because I was listed as a reference under my brother-in-law's name, HE has to be the one to call. (normally, when I get "wrong number" collection calls, the phone rep is always great about taking my number out of their database)

Comment

Working...
      X