Comcast commercials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comcast commercials

Yep, I can't stand their commercials. The one that starts out like a CNN "special report" just pisses me off. Mainly, because it's about 80% louder than anything else, and has some dumbass acting like a news commentator. As if that wasn't enough, it's then followed by at least 2 *more* Comcast commercials. Do we really need to be bombarded with all of them?

I gotta say, I think the turtle commercials ripping on Verizon DSL are hilarious. Though I still haven't figured out why Comcast's commercials have ridiculous volumes.
    Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Originally posted by Greenday View Post
      I gotta say, I think the turtle commercials ripping on Verizon DSL are hilarious.
      Mr. Slowsky: "OH-DO-YOU-LIKE-COMCAST-BECAUSE-IT'S-FASTER???!!!" Something about a turtle pitching a fit like that tickles my funny bone.

Comment

Originally posted by protege View Post
        Yep, I can't stand their commercials. The one that starts out like a CNN "special report" just pisses me off. Mainly, because it's about 80% louder than anything else, and has some dumbass acting like a news commentator. As if that wasn't enough, it's then followed by at least 2 *more* Comcast commercials. Do we really need to be bombarded with all of them?
        We have one like that for the local Mitsubishi dealer. Very cheaply made compared to either of the Chevrolet dealers or the Ford dealer.

Insight (sorry, Comcast now) really fluctuates the local commercials depending on which channel you watch around here. Aside from the locals (NBC, CBS, ABC, Fox, CW, MNTV) you can't tell what channel gets the most locally originated commercials forced in.

Comment

In a different vein (but still dealing with Comcast advertising)...they seem to spend a lot of money trying to convert those of us who are in their service territory but don't do business with them. I choose to go through Dish Network for TV, and Verizon DSL has been way more reliable than cable out here. I'm not too concerned about the fact that we're paying more than we could with Comcast, it's just that my family has done business with their predecessor in this area (Adelphia)...not just in the same town, but in the same house, and their service would go down if you looked at the utility poles funny.

As a result of these choices, we get hit with junk mail (addressed to Current Resident, of course) once or twice a week. Since we didn't automatically go "OMG WE NEED COMCAST NOW!!!!!!eleventy" they brought out the big guns, and sent us more junk mail...by UPS. Ground envelope and all.

Okay, so if I were to do business with Comcast, I know that instead of spending our monthly fees on something like, say, improving quality and reliability or extending service to areas that have none (like where my parents live)...they will instead spend that money on trying to shove themselves down the throats of those who don't want any part of them. Great! Sign me up.

Comment

Originally posted by Giggle Goose View Post
            Something about a turtle pitching a fit like that tickles my funny bone.
            That's why I think those are hilarious. As to the service itself, I have DSL at home, and cable at work. To me, there's not much of a difference--they seem to run at about the same speed. Oh, and I really can't justify paying 3x as much for cable.

Comment

Working...
            X