Cock Blocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cock Blocks

You know, there's and time and a place for it. It's when someone is too drunk to make the right decision and that's when you step in. This is damn well not the case.

I haven't gotten any in nearly a month. I just found out my ex who I still have feelings for finally just lost her virginity last weekend. My dad's been being a prick. I might get a job TAing at Penn State, which is awesome, but I have nowhere to live there. I have less than $100 in my bank account and $5 in my wallet which is supposed to last me six more weeks (five if I get the job). Life kinda just is mad depressing right now.

So I found out my FWB was coming this weekend and while I've been kind of wanting to quit, this would have been some great stress relief. She got here Friday night and we hung out while waiting for a friend to get off work so she could drop her stuff off there (that's where she was sleeping). I took a quick shower since she got there earlier than I expected. We hung out and as we kinda get around to doing stuff, she tells me she doesn't want to. Curious, I ask why and she says because one of her best friends from back home told her she shouldn't do anything with me because it will hurt her chances getting with other guys.

Seriously? As far as I'm aware, she's not even attempting to get with any other guys. And how the hell would us hooking up last night have hurt her chances to get with other guys? She wasn't even going out or anything. She was hanging with two of our girl friends. What kind of retarded logic is that?

So, in conclusion, you cock block people going after drunk/unable to make a rational decision person, not someone who can make their own damn decisions. Asshole.
    Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

But women are weak and fragile little waifs! They are easily manipulated and swayed. That's why they need so much protection since they are incapable of making their own decisions at any time!!!

I'm sure at least one person will be dumb enough to not know that I'm being sarcastic, so...I'm being sarcastic.

Comment

It's her decision. She said no. Personally, if I met a girl and then found out she had a FWB on the side, I would stop at the friend level and not pursue anything.

*waits to be called an old-fashioned idiot*

Comment

Hurt her chances of getting with other guys? What? Is she telling them in detail her sex life? Seriously, it's nobody's business what happens in the bedroom. She's single and what she does when she's single is really no guy's business. If she were still doing stuff when she's in a closed relationship, that, i can see being a cause for concern.

I know how you are feeling right now,Greenday. I'm having similar stuff happen to me and it is FRUSTRATING...except, I don't have a cock to get blocked...bah. You know what I mean.
        "It's after Jeopardy, so it is my bed time."- Me when someone made a joke about how "old" I am.

Comment

Actually Hobbs, I agree with you.

I've been there, done that, got the shirt. I'm not a big fan of FWB anyway because of the past, but if I were back on the market again, I'd expect a guy to be honest with me and tell me if he were sleeping around. If he were, I'd call the date the only date and leave it at that. No, I'm not trying to impede on his right to screw whoever he wants, but I don't want a part of a guy who is juggling multiple girls in his bedroom.

It works for some, but not for me. And it's not like I expect a guy I meet on the first date to automatically fall for me and only be with ME, but I just want honesty and I'd rather find a guy who is looking for something that's more than just casual sex and dating.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobbs View Post
            *waits to be called an old-fashioned idiot*
            Nothing idiotic about it.
            It may seem like an old-fashioned view in these sexually focused times, but I agree.

If she doesn't want to have casual sex with someone who really doesn't care all that much about her other than to think of her as a friend with whom he can relieve some frustration by getting laid when he feels like it, then it's her decision.

If she really cared all that much about sleeping with you, I don't think she would be that easily swayed against it.
            Point to Ponder:

Is it considered irony when someone on an internet forum makes a post that can be considered to look like it was written by a 3rd grade dropout, and they are poking fun of the fact that another person couldn't spell?

Comment

Originally posted by Ree View Post
              If she really cared all that much about sleeping with you, I don't think she would be that easily swayed against it.
              We've been trying to quit but it's too damn addicting. If she was quitting for the sake of just quitting, I'd expect her to tell me. We are both very open with each other and extremely close friends. We tell each other nearly everything. She has told me a lot of personal stuff she's never told anyone before. I just think it's weird that this is what made her quit.
              Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Perhaps she was just looking for a reason, any reason, to end it.

I was in a FWB relationship that totally screwed me over, especially after I found out that he was also in a similar relationship with a mutual friend. I no longer wanted the "benefits" part, I just wanted to be friends. Unfortunately, everytime we hung out together, he'd pressure and pressure, and I was just lonely and so....yeah. Then I'd feel like an even bigger slut.

After that and a different FWB thing....I can't say they're a good idea for anyone, ever. Emotions just get too caught up in sex. Besides, how do you think she feels knowing that she's screwing you, but you've got the hots for somebody else? If that were me, I'd definitely feel horrible, being somebody's "you'll do."

Comment

Considering we stopped before when she wanted to date someone...It wouldnt bother me. I understand it's what the whole fwb thing is. It's something to do until we find someone to date. She would have told me if she found someone so I'm just confused as to why now.

Comment

You're confused? She gave you a reason. And no offense to anyone here who's been in a fwb relationship, but I'd think twice about dating someone who is, or was, in such a relationship. That's just my personal preference etc.

Comment

I don't understand your reaction.
                      She said she doesn't want to continue.
                      Why does there have to be someone else pressuring her (hence the title "Cock Blocks")?

Why not just accept that a purely sexual relationship without any other commitment is just not what she wants at this time, even if she was OK with it at another point?

Why not have enough respect for her to just accept that she's smart enough to know what she wants when it comes to that area, and let it go?

I find it highly insulting to her that you are blaming someone else for her personal choice, as if she's that easily swayed, and not intelligent enough to figure it out for herself.
                      Point to Ponder:

Is it considered irony when someone on an internet forum makes a post that can be considered to look like it was written by a 3rd grade dropout, and they are poking fun of the fact that another person couldn't spell?

Comment

I have to agree with Ree.

How did I change my view on things and turn myself around? Around when I was 20, right before I met my first really serious boyfriend, I honestly did one day just decide "I'm done with this. I am better than just being a guy's play thing, an excuse to not have to officially date me or be with me. I am more than just a booty call. I am worth so much more than that. I am worth more than the excuses and stupid reasons I got over and over for why guys didn't want anything more out of me.

That girl had every right to change her mind if she wanted to, and likewise, if you ever woke up one day and realized that FWB isn't all it's chalked up to be and being a plaything is degrading, not sexy, then you'd have every right to change yours too.

Comment

Exactly!

I have no doubt that little heart to heart with her friends helped to sway her, but, again, give the girl enough credit to know what she wants.
                          Point to Ponder:

Comment

Originally posted by blas87 View Post
                            "I'm done with this. I am better than just being a guy's play thing, an excuse to not have to officially date me or be with me. I am more than just a booty call. I am worth so much more than that. I am worth more than the excuses and stupid reasons I got over and over for why guys didn't want anything more out of me.
                            A-MEN.

When I ended the last FWB thing, I just looked the guy dead in the face and said, "I am not your fuck buddy and I am not your whore." He looked at me in complete shock and...almost sadness. I guess he was upset that I'd gotten my self-esteem to a place where I realized that I could do better and more importantly, that I deserved better.

Comment

Admin, they usually do get upset when you finally stand up for yourself and your self worth and esteem.

Back to Greenday, just to clarify, no one here is personally insulting you or trying to make you feel like a prick or a womanizer, it's just that this girl probably realized she wants a serious boyfriend instead of casual sex. I'm sure she doesn't hate you and she probably isn't even upset with you. It's just a choice. It was hers to make, same as if you'd changed yours.

There will be a day a great girl comes along and I'm sure you'll feel the same way.

Comment

Working...
                              X