More Krappy Karaoke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Krappy Karaoke

Some more random bitches about karaoke.......

1) There's different brand names of karaoke music. The best I've seen is Sound Choice karaoke. The worst: SUNFLY. Why is sunfly the worst? First, they get all the words wrong. I did Eye of the Tiger one night and the words came up as "and his fortune must always be eye of the tiger". Second, they half-ass the music. You can't play metallica with a damn fuzzbox! Not enough distortion, crappy effects, shitty playing, etc....Third, they fuck with the songs. That 8 measure musical break gets reduced to 4, but they don't tell you that, and there's no little countdown to let you know the verse is about to come up, so you miss the first line of every verse because you have no idea when it starts.

2) Some lady came up to me last weekend when I was about to sing and she says, distrastefully, "Is this gonna be another loud one?" I'm sorry but not everyone has to sing Love Shack, Strawberry Wine and House of the Rising Sun. I like to do some Metallica, Manson, AC/DC, Ozzy, etc....If you don't like loudness what are you doing in a bar on Friday night?

3) Mr. DJ: If someone does a song with a longass outro like Hotel California, just fade it out and end it after the vocals are done. No need to make everyone sit there for another twenty minutes and listen to a bunch of guitar solo.

4) There's not enough karaoke versions of more of my favorite songs!!!!!!!

I don't sing karaoke myself, but I do fountain show choreography, and for some family-oriented shows they'll want a specific song but minus the lyrics, so I'll look up karaoke versions which often replace the lyrics with an instrument. But it's just not the same when the backup music is 100% unlike the real song or, worse, sounds like a guy on an electric keyboard who only sort of knows the song he's playing. And yes, screwing with the timing or sequence is annoying in these, too.

Comment

Working...
    X