Listen To The Message FIRST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Listen To The Message FIRST

I hate it when I call someone and leave a message to have them call back in 2 seconds and ask, "Did you call?"

Listen to the message first. It will save us both time.

Hee Hee. I use to listen to messages. But after awhile, when the only message I got from people was /call me/, I stopped.
    Toilet Paper has been "bath tissue" for the longest time, and it really chaps my ass - Blas
    I AM THE MAN of the house! I wear the pants!!! But uh...my wife buys the pants so....yeah.

Comment

If I just miss someone's call because I didn't get to my cell in time, I just call them right back. I know they are near their phone so that's why I just call back first.
      Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

What really gets to me is, a lot of times, those same people will be LIVID if you don't leave a message.
        Do not lead, for I may not follow. Do not follow, for I may not lead. Just go over there somewhere.

Comment

Most messages, as Greenday said, are just a variation of "hey, call me back" anyway, and if it really is only a few seconds, they probably don't even know yet that you *left* a message. Some people don't, you know.
          "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Originally posted by HYHYBT View Post
            Most messages, as PLAIDMAN said, are just a variation of "hey, call me back" anyway, and if it really is only a few seconds, they probably don't even know yet that you *left* a message. Some people don't, you know.
            *Cough* Fixed that for ya.
            Toilet Paper has been "bath tissue" for the longest time, and it really chaps my ass - Blas
            I AM THE MAN of the house! I wear the pants!!! But uh...my wife buys the pants so....yeah.

Comment

I hate the "call me back" messages. REALLY? Are you saying you want to talk to me? You mean to tell me that's why you called me on the telephone? You wanted to actually speak to me? Hey asshole I figured that out the second I saw your number on the caller ID. Tell me exactly what you want, like "I need you to come in and work an extra shift" or "You're fired" or "I'm breaking up with you!" or I'm not even going to bother calling you.

Comment

Originally posted by Plaidman View Post
                *Cough* Fixed that for ya.
                Oops!

You wanted to actually speak to me? Hey asshole I figured that out the second I saw your number on the caller ID. Tell me exactly what you want, like "I need you to come in and work an extra shift" or "You're fired" or "I'm breaking up with you!" or I'm not even going to bother calling you.
                Every phone I've had, caller ID only works if the phone is on when the call is made. If it was off, or had no signal, then the only way to know someone called is if they left a message. Still, though, if you're going to leave one it's polite to say why you were calling, even if it's just to talk.
                "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Originally posted by DrFaroohk View Post
                  I hate the "call me back" messages. REALLY? Are you saying you want to talk to me? You mean to tell me that's why you called me on the telephone? You wanted to actually speak to me? Hey asshole I figured that out the second I saw your number on the caller ID. Tell me exactly what you want, like "I need you to come in and work an extra shift" or "You're fired" or "I'm breaking up with you!" or I'm not even going to bother calling you.
                  Actually I never assume the person wants me to call them back or talk to me cuz if they did they would have left a message saying so.

Most of the time if the person didn't leave a message then whatever it was is either now a moot point or some random thing that while yes funny and amusing wasn't worth having me call them back for.
                  Jack Faire
                  Friend
                  Father
                  Smartass

Comment

Originally posted by jackfaire View Post
                    Actually I never assume the person wants me to call them back or talk to me cuz if they did they would have left a message saying so.

Most of the time if the person didn't leave a message then whatever it was is either now a moot point or some random thing that while yes funny and amusing wasn't worth having me call them back for.
                    Exactly. At least if the person says "call me back," I'll know they actually wanted to tell me something.
                    Do not lead, for I may not follow. Do not follow, for I may not lead. Just go over there somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by jackfaire View Post
                      This is why I always leave a message, even if it is to say "hey, nothing really important, we'll keep in touch" just so I don't have to worry about the person wondering if I want them to call back or not.
                      "I'm Gar and I'm proud" -slytovhand

Comment

The only thing I hate about voicemails is when my Dad leaves me one, my phone already says "New message, Friday September 21st 9:30 am" and then there's Dad "Hey hunny, it's about 9:30..."

Really dad?

Comment

"Call me back," messages and "Did you call?" calls don't bother me. It's just not worth getting up in arms over such matters. If my reason for contacting someone is important enough, I'll find a way to reach that person. Likewise, if someone really wants to contact me, they'll find a way to reach me. Otherwise, I'm just going to assume it wasn't that important after all.

As for phone ettiquette, my view is that I have a phone for my own convenience. What annoys me is when people have a cow because they can't get me on the phone right away (most notably my wife). If I'm not answering the phone, it's likely I have my reasons for not being available at the time.

I also have designated ringtones, callerID, and voicemail to screen calls. So, just leave me a message, and I'll get back to you at my convenience if I decide to return your call. About the only calls I ignore completely are unknown or private numbers, or calls from specific coworkers I dislike.

Comment

Originally posted by aurelemsrealm View Post
                            As for phone ettiquette, my view is that I have a phone for my own convenience. What annoys me is when people have a cow because they can't get me on the phone right away (most notably my wife). If I'm not answering the phone, it's likely I have my reasons for not being available at the time.

My husband does this. His biggest gripe is, "Why do you even have a phone if you're not going to answer it?" I'm sorry, I have things to do during my day that preclude answering the phone because you want to talk about dinner.

Comment

This is why text messages are awesome. Need to say something, ask a question? Type it up and send it out and the receiver can read and respond at their leisure.
                              All units: IRENE
                              HK MP5-N: Solving 800 problems a minute since 1986

Comment

Working...
                              X