Customer Satisfaction Surveys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customer Satisfaction Surveys

This isn't a hate because it's nice to be able to leave feedback. I also like that a lot of them have drawings you can enter to win cash prizes, which I cannot pass up.

What I hate about them is how they are designed. Most of the questions require a super memory for an accurate responce. They ask you things like "How many times have you eaten here in the past 6 months" or "How many times have you eaten out in the past month". How the hell am I supposed to remember that?

Then they ask you to rate very specific, subjective things that would be difficult to pay attention to, let alone remember. I mean, how am I supposed to rate the professionalism of the cashier? Why would I even notice or care about most of that stuff?

I don't know about everyone else, but when I go to a store or restaurnant, all I care about is the price and quality of what I pay for. Unless there was long wait time or the cashier was being a complete dick, I'm not going to complain. I think those things were originally designed for mystery shoppers, you know, people who are payed to care about that stuff, but they decided they could save money by giving customers a chance to evaluate them, using the cash prize drawing as an enticement.

I hated being on the receiving end of those.

"Hey DrFaroohk, your customer satisfaction scores were all 1's!"

"Did you listen to the voice feedback?"

"Yeah."

"Did you catch the part where the person who gave us 1's said they only did so because of the high gas prices?"

"Well I don't see how that's relevent."

Comment

What I hate about the surveys is that if you do not give them a perfect score they cashier could be fired because "your survey scores are bad" or the manager could be in trouble for running a bad store.. even if you gave them only 1 lower than a 10 (or 5)

Comment

That's why I always give perfect ratings. I think it was CS, or maybe it was my experience with the job applications, bit I knew that anything less than all high ratings could result in the cashiers being disciplined. It's a stupid system, but at least I can somewhat manipulate it.

Comment

I think it is such bullshit how they rely on people who either want something free. OR are incredibly pissed off, because mainly when you have me pissed off I love to take a survey and vent.

Comment

They bug me because now instead of looking at how well I do my job, how effectively I do it, etc they look at if the customer was satisfied.

Uhm well no I had to tell the customer that yes he does owe us money no we aren't going to give him free service for (X) reason but wait you now want to threaten my job because I followed company policy and he gave me a bad review for it?

Fine from now on I will credit everyone's account tell them that we are lowlife scum and then I can keep my job even though I will be doing it shittily and the company will be out a lot of money.
            Jack Faire
            Friend
            Father
            Smartass

Comment

I just stopped in the middle of one for Boston Market. Since I put "strongly agree" for the "clean welcoming atmosphere" of the restaurant, I was asked to describe in detail what it was that made the atmosphere great. Gee, I don't know, maybe it just clean and welcoming.

If that wasn't enough, I was later asked what I would do if I was a manager of the place to make the atmosphere great. With that, I just stopped. A chance to win a 1000 in a cash or an ipod is nice, but it's not worth having to answer all these dumbass questions.

Comment

the problem with surveys is that people will either lie throught their teeth or not really get the true nature of the survey. all they still wnat is FREE shit for negative answers (not that we roll that way anymore)

an example of an out and out LIE
                ** NOTE my store is 3 years old ***** now 5 = yes or strongly agree 1 - NO or strongly disagree

here are some of the questions
                How did the store look?? 1
                did it appear to be in good repair???? 1
                were the grounds surrounding the building clean?? 1

HUH??????

The above is a common answer for some reason. our freaking building (at least on the outside and most of the "public area") is still pretty much in pristine condition.

I also HATE the way the questions are worded

did the employee interact with you as though they were talking to a friend????
                I'm lost without a paddle and I'm headed up sh*t creek.

I got one foot on a banana peel and the other in the Twilight Zone.
                The Fools - Life Sucks Then You Die

Comment

My company does these two with the retail stores but they're so vague. They don't even tell you what store the survey is for so if you go to one store and have bad service then another with great, you won't know.

Also, corporate looks at them and unless it is perfect, it's not good enough.

Comment

I work in remote access tech support and we're supposed to push a survey to the customer after service. We don't see survey results (not all of them) but I can only imagine that I get a bad review most times I've had to tell a customer what they didn't want to hear. Just today this woman got upset at me because she thought the service she bought included something it didn't -- I didn't erroneously sell it to her, I just told her what the situation is. That's the sort of thing that's going to get me bad ratings for no reason when I push the survey right after a bad call.

Comment

Originally posted by Racket_Man View Post

I also HATE the way the questions are worded

did the employee interact with you as though they were talking to a friend????
                      Well, this is about the biggest load of bullshit. As they really would have to know me to know that I really do tell my friends, " if you want sympathy you need to get a dictionary and look between shit and syphilis"

So, when I tell a customer to fuck off I am really being genuine like they are a friend who is giving me shit.

And in honor of Today, I was told by people I need to smile, except for the cute girl who I wanted to joke "Only if you and me disappear to the back room", seriously, when I'm having a shit day as a giant parking lot event is going on next door and we have literally hundreds of people coming into the store who wouldn't otherwise be there, sorry I'm not in a smiling mood when I need to get a constant line of 8 people down to ZERO.

Comment

Working...
                      X