No announcement yet.

Depression stereotypes/Medication side effects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only time I don't believe someone telling me that they have depression is when the person tells me they are suffering depression right now and that is why they aren't picking up after themselves but then immediately presses play on the comedy they are watching and start laughing uncontrollably.
    Jack Faire
    Friend
    Father
    Smartass

Comment

Originally posted by jackfaire View Post
      The only time I don't believe someone telling me that they have depression is when the person tells me they are suffering depression right now and that is why they aren't picking up after themselves but then immediately presses play on the comedy they are watching and start laughing uncontrollably.
      What? People can't laugh if they have depression? You obviously haven't met someone with it.

People with depression, even major depression, can hide it very well. That means they can laugh, tell jokes, be the life of the party but have such inner hatred toward self, inner sadness, inner drive to be accepted that nothing will ever make you feel it.

No. Just laughing at a comedy doesn't mean they don't have depression. You are mistaken on that.

EDIT: There is a reason that when some people do commit suicide because of depression, that people are shock and go "I never knew, he was alway so happy"
      Toilet Paper has been "bath tissue" for the longest time, and it really chaps my ass - Blas
      I AM THE MAN of the house! I wear the pants!!! But uh...my wife buys the pants so....yeah.

Comment

Originally posted by Plaidman View Post
        What? People can't laugh if they have depression? You obviously haven't met someone with it
        Yes I have and they laughed when they were pretending to be happy not because they were actually happy and were actually laughing I have never met a depressed person who when not trying to hide their depression would laugh at something and whom had 0 and I mean 0 symptoms of depression.

Most of the people I know with depression have problems doing anything fun stuff and not so fun stuff.

When I see a person eagerly go out to have fun the same day they refuse to wash the dishes because, they feel bad, then yes based on say my ex wife for example I doubt they really have it.
        Jack Faire
        Friend
        Father
        Smartass

Comment

Originally posted by Hobbs View Post
          Hmm, I was just wondering. Does anyone else think it's interesting at the amount of people on this board that suffer from depression? Sorry, just wondering aloud and thought I'd share.
          There's a higher instance of depression among regular internet users, or possibly that should be the other way around, but which ever, there is a relations between them.
          I am a sexy shoeless god of war!
          Minus the sexy and I'm wearing shoes.

Comment

Working...
          X