Wait for me I will come for you!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wait for me I will come for you!

So two friends of mine were thinking of dating. She is concerned because he used to be really close friends with another guy she dated and she is worried he might like the other friend, he is not btw.

Anyway so to prove himself she asks that he wait a year not dating anyone just sit around and wait for her to be ready to date him. Now I personally don't like this but could understand basically just being friends and then dating after a period of time.

My big issue with this is that apparently wait a year means he is supposed to not date and he is supposed to sit around waiting for her but she is allowed to go out and date whomever she wants and have relationships. Then in a year IF she is single he can maybe be worthy enough to date her.

I like her as a friend but if I was him I would be telling her that if she can't wait a year then I sure as hell am not going to either. Am I right?
    Jack Faire
    Friend
    Father
    Smartass

Yeah, that's fucking stupid. No one needs her that bad I'm sure.

Comment

She can't be worth the wait: the very fact that she would make such a condition proves it!
      "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

It depends. I find something very chivalrous in the request. But having the condition ot affect her seems rude. If both agreed to do the same, I would find it...honorable.

Comment

That seems like an incredibly unreasonable and possessive demand. Perhaps if she were also not going to date or get involved in a relationship during that year while they became better friends and learned about each other I could understand it a bit more. But this double standard she's setting? No.

Comment

No. Just... No.

I wouldn't even do that, and I think that' saying something.

Especally if she thinks it's perfectly aright for her to go out and date, but not him.

That is very stupid. I don't get her reasoning at all.
            Toilet Paper has been "bath tissue" for the longest time, and it really chaps my ass - Blas
            I AM THE MAN of the house! I wear the pants!!! But uh...my wife buys the pants so....yeah.

Comment

I wouldn't do it. If you care about me, then date me. If you don't, then don't. Don't waste my life because you want to "test" me.
              Last edited by Greenday; 07-25-2010, 05:22 PM.
              Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

to me that just screams "backup plan" and not the good kind....
                Registered rider scenic shore 150 charity ride

Comment

That kind of statement would get one thing from me.

Howls of derisive laughter.

Comment

I suppose if she can get the guy to do that she's going to be in a pretty good spot if they start a relationship.

Comment

She sounds too immature to even think about having a relationship. Maybe in a year.....

Comment

Originally posted by jackfaire View Post
                        Anyway so to prove himself she asks that he wait a year not dating anyone just sit around and wait for her to be ready to date him.
                        Translation: "I am amused by the power I have over you."

Comment

WOW...I don't think I can say anything else that's not already been said. But DAMN, she's making these demands and they're not even in the relationship yet? That takes "whipped" to a whole new level.

Jack, is he actually going to agree to it? Keep us posted!

Comment

Originally posted by Giggle Goose View Post
                            But DAMN, she's making these demands and they're not even in the relationship yet? That takes "whipped" to a whole new level.
                            Sounds like she's already removed his balls...

Comment

We know this because the premise of the whole thread is the very ball-removing action itself.
                              All units: IRENE
                              HK MP5-N: Solving 800 problems a minute since 1986

Comment

Working...
                              X