No announcement yet.

Cleaning out the toybox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see a lot of people who put themselves in relationships that make them miserable because they don't want to be alone. I just don't understand that mentality. Relationships are difficult enough when you are with someone you enjoy because no two people are going to think alike all the time, no matter how compatible they may be.

My wife and I have been married for almost four years, our fourth anniversary will be September 30. We dated for a while, and were friends well before getting in a relationship. Overall, we have a good relationship with one another, and share many common interests. Even so, there are days when we drive each other insane with our quirks and differences. When all is said and done, we know how to discuss the problems and reason with each other. It sure as hell isn't easy because we can both be very stubborn and set in our ways.

The point is that we've learned to compromise on the differences, and enjoy the similarities. We both already know that the other is not going to take kindly to being expected to change a particular habit or hobby without a similar concession being offered in return. So, rather than trying to change someone for the sake of a relationship, why not just set your sights on someone who is close enough to what you seek in a partner?

Comment

Working...
    X