Guys who don't put the toilet seat down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guys who don't put the toilet seat down

Guys, is this a normal thing among bachelors/men who live alone? Whenever our group of (guy) friends come over, they all put the toilet seat down when they're done using the bathroom...except the single bachelor in the group. All the guys who are married/have female SOs always put the seat down, but the one guy who doesn't have a girlfriend and I'm pretty sure has never lived with a girl, does not.

This bothers me. It's not a huge deal, but I do find it a little disrespectful. This is MY house, and I'm a woman. Put the gorram seat down when you're done with it. It's not hard.

My husband says the guy in question probably doesn't even realize it's an issue because he lives by himself, has never lived with a woman, and probably always leaves the seat up in his own place. How can I address this with the guy in question? Should I just tell him, "You need to put the seat down when you're done using our bathroom"?

It most likely is because he is single. But with me, I always left the seat down at houses, apartments.

Comment

Most women don't close the lid after they're done. What's the difference?

Comment

In my defense, during training, the room had to be in inspection order from 0530-ish to 2030. The "proper" way for the bathroom to be set up was for the toilet seat and cover to be in the upright position.

Comment

Originally posted by guywithashovel View Post
          You mean most girls don't life the lid when their done right

I've always put the lid down. Just out of habit after a life time of living with women.
          Toilet Paper has been "bath tissue" for the longest time, and it really chaps my ass - Blas
          I AM THE MAN of the house! I wear the pants!!! But uh...my wife buys the pants so....yeah.

Comment

Most women don't close the lid after they're done.
            I do. Maybe that's why I expect him (and anyone else) to put the seat down when he's done.

Comment

I was going to say the same thing as Plaid. Women don't put the seat up for me, so why do they expect me to put the seat down for them?

I don't know. I just always put the seat down. Always just kinda felt that's how it's supposed to be when you are done using it.
              Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

I put the toilet the way I need it, then I use it, then I wash and then I leave. If the next person in the room needs it another way, they can put it that way unless they're a double amputee there's no reason they can't do it for themselves, except conformity, but I never liked that anyway *shrug*
                All units: IRENE
                HK MP5-N: Solving 800 problems a minute since 1986

Comment

I don't even understand other guys who put the toilet seat *up*. Can't aim?

Before someone brings it up I never put up my toilet seat and I do not have urine all over it.

Comment

7 people 2 of which are women 2 toilets one house.
                    One guy insists that its flushed after EVERY use, I cant flush it if its still filling after the other guy just used it. so the default is up as the majority of users are male, if it was reversed it would probably be down, if I was visiting someone I might leave it as I found it, but most times I dont even register what that was, i just need to use it.

Comment

When I'm at someone else's house, I leave the toilet like I found it - seat up, seat down, or with the top part down as well.

At home, I put both seat and top down. I don't like watching my poop get flushed. I'm also paranoid about dropping things in the toilet (done it plenty of times) plus I don't want the dog to drink out of it.
                      The key to an open mind is understanding everything you know is wrong.

my blog
                      my brother's

Comment

Good point. After reading about how fecal matter gets sprayed everywhere when you flush, some time back, I got into the habit of putting the lid down first.

Comment

Most women I know close the lid before they flush, cuz of the idea that germs fly out. I close the lid, mainly cuz it's force of habit; it was drummed into me as a child. XD

Also, if the lid was meant to be up all the time, there wouldn't BE a lid.
                          "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

Comment

I'm the opposite I would rather have men leave the seat up than to leave it down and get pee all over it.

Also its really not that hard to look before you sit.
                            If I can't bitch, I'll explode- blas87

Comment

Before I had my daughter, I actually preferred to have the seat up, because I live with males who sometimes have aim issues. I'd rather put the seat down myself than risk sitting in urine. Now that my daughter uses the toilet, I'd rather the seat be down, because she doesn't always look to see if it's down before she goes. Once she gets a handle on that, I'll go back to not caring.
                              Do not lead, for I may not follow. Do not follow, for I may not lead. Just go over there somewhere.

Comment

Working...
                              X