X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That is NOT your quote, stop claiming it

Okay, this is a two part rant.
    Today I saw a student wearing a shirt that said
    "Make Institute a priority"- Thomas S Monson.
    Okay, first, that barely qualifies as a quote. I'm sorry, telling us something we already know (or should know if you are from the background that you would be going to institute in the first place) does not count as a quote.
    Second, and more importantly, we all already know it because every church leader since the time that institute was started has been saying that. I'm sorry, but sir, you did NOT come up with that quote, you just repeated what you heard as a child and tried to take credit for it... not cool.
    That would be like me going out and saying "A solid understanding of math is very important if you are going to pursue an engineering degree"
    99% of people would look at me and say "no shit, ya think", they wouldn't print out t-shirts with my name on it as if I had made some new gospel.
    "I'm Gar and I'm proud" -slytovhand

I hate all self-quoters in general. Being quoted is like a compliment....walking around complimenting yourself all day is stupid. It's like jerking off and then bragging about the awesome "sex" you had.

Comment

Working...
    X