not so much "hate"...Greatly dislike my vet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• not so much "hate"...Greatly dislike my vet

quick background, because my cat is a runt she looks like a kitten and will probably be stuck in that size. She is four years old so don't let that fool you. Originally she was meant to have long hair and did so until I moved to Louisiana and the humidity caused her to shed some. FINALLY after two years she has grown most of it back, oddly. So due to this it appears as if she is either malnourished or messed up. (half her tail is poofy and the other half is not. I give her specific food and always give her fresh water as she isn't special needs but due to her size I take into consideration her jaw and teeth) She now gets a little more soft food lately.

HOWEVER I greatly dislike my vet receptionists or nurses aids (forgive my I cannot for the life of me recall the proper title) to the point I posted on their website, their facebook and PFB but I was specific. I have nothing against their doctors, just their staff.

linky

the last time I went to get fluffy her flea meds and what I thought was a required steroid shot the doctor began loading up all the other shots SHE HAD ALREADY GOTTEN because her records had not been updated and I apologized profusely as I THOUGHT they had that updated for this year. I was upset because i thought great they just wasted supplies on a computer goof. probably why they are mad at me but that is no reason to keep treating me this way. I don't even know what I did to earn their disdain!

I can't recall most of the doctors names as I am horrible with names and going to the vet makes me more nervous than usual. I'm seeking a new vet and no this was not posted in the complaint.
    Last edited by LexiaFira; 09-03-2010, 11:21 PM.
    Repeat after me, "I'm over it"
    Yeah we're so over, over
    Things I hate, that even after all this time...I still came back to the scene of the crime

The link you provided just brings me to a list of my own feedbacks, as long as I'm logged in.

The receptionists/aids are usually called vet techs.

And I don't know what else has happened, but the fact that they screwed up your records alone would make me tell them they are terrible vets and that I will be looking for another care provider for my animals.

Comment

One vet really screwed up FatCat after he fixed her. She had a paunch for the rest of her life because of the way they either cut her open or stitched her back up.

Comment

linky fixed sorry!

from what I have seen usually in female cats there is some sort of paunch - not much of one but sometimes noticable - after they have been fixed HOWEVER I've only seen this in the two or three cats with my family so I am more than likely wrong

and one of the doctors or DVM's emailed me back. all of them are usually in scrubs so I will say receptionist/vet techs. the one today was just...rude. And I have issues with speaking up and being out in public. (some days are good some days i have to work myself up to step outside) so maybe I was quiet but i thought I spoke up and maybe she didn't hear me I dunno.
        Regardless I am not upset with the Dr's just the vet techs. Fluffy is special to me as all pets are special to each owner, however Fluffy is also more frail and weaker in stamina because of her stature so when things get mishandled like this is really pisses me off.
        considering emailing him back about the email. I've already made my decision, fluffy is going to another vet however the other animals are on their records so its up to the rest of the family where they want to take them. I will still bring the rest of the family pets, just not Fluffy.
        Which by the way was aptly named as when I got her as a kitten she was almost literally a tiny ball of fluffyness!
        Last edited by LexiaFira; 09-03-2010, 11:27 PM.
        Repeat after me, "I'm over it"
        Yeah we're so over, over
        Things I hate, that even after all this time...I still came back to the scene of the crime

Comment

Working...
        X