People who suck the fun out of WoW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People who suck the fun out of WoW

I like to PLAY WoW. It is not a job for me. I don't do it 9 hours a day, I usually limit myself to 1 or 2 on a good day. I like to have a decent character, but I don't want it to consume my life.

So I'm asking a friend of mine a very simple question about some stats, and rather than just say "Yeah, it's like that." or "No, it's the other way." He launches into this incredibly obnoxiously boring diatribe about critical strike ratings, threat tables, expertise, triumph gear, ArP, CSI, CPR, FBI, and a hundred other things I quite frankly don't give a shit about. I repeatedly kept trying to steer the conversation to somethiung else, but oh no, I had trespassed upon the sacred territory in which he is God, and I was going to suffer through it.

The worst part that towards the end I almost felt compelled to argue with him about it. Not about the facts, but about where the conversation was going. I'd be like "Which is better, A or B" and he'd start ranting about C and D and X and Y. "No no no, I don't give a crap about them. Just tell me, A or B." But no.

Since this conversation my interest in WoW has depreciated a tiny bit, and I'm regretting accepting his Real ID friends request. I may just delete him, but then if I have to see him in real life he'll wonder why.

AGH! I feel you. Like you, I just play casually, a few hours a day at most. I started on a RPPVP server, but I'm gonna be moving everything to a PVE server because of the STUPID I encounter on a day to day basis. These level 80's that go out and kill lowbies and camp the bodies....why? Okay, you killed me once, good for you. Now leave me the eff alone and let me level.

Fiance and I actually had to change Vent servers because of exactly what you described. We would be on and playing and chatting. I'm still kinda new to the game, so I'm asking lots of dumbass questions and he's helping me through instances, etc. Then one of his guild buddies who plays ALL THE TIME hops on and he's talking and talking and talking and it's VOA this and ICC that and I don't know what the fuck they're talking about. And the dude won't shut up long enough for me to ask fiance a question. Or if I do get to ask something, he'll give a really long complicated answer or be all, "Dumb girl is a NEWWBB."

Comment

Originally posted by AdminAssistant View Post
      Or if I do get to ask something, he'll give a really long complicated answer or be all, "Dumb girl is a NEWWBB."
      my smart-ass self would respond with-"well I guess your mom had room up there for a comp-but how was the wireless reception in the uterus?" Remind them they weren't born playing the game and were "newbs" once too.

Or

"sorry I have a life and a fiance-we do things other than sit at a desk all day on a game"
      Registered rider scenic shore 150 charity ride

Comment

Originally posted by BlaqueKatt View Post
        "sorry I have a life and a fiance-we do things other than sit at a desk all day on a game"
        Ain't that the truth! Whenever I'm being hassled by somebody gettin' kicks from killing me repeatedly I take comfort in two things: 1) They have never known the touch of a woman and 2) My fiance and his brother are on their way to kick THEIR asses.

Ugh. As soon as I get a new comp this weekend, I'm downloading Lich King so I, too, can get an 80 and be all kickass.

Comment

Which is exactly why I can't wait for cataclysm. With the exception of haste(weapons), block(not on shields anymore), and parry(weapons), sub stats are either being removed from items and rely on primary stats and talents (spellpower on weapons still remains though) or is being axed from the game outright. (bye bye defense! you won't be missed.)

As well, there's going to be better itemization going on as well (eg, plate is going to focus on one of three fields, Defensive for tanks, offensive for DPS, or healing for pallies and is only going to have stats pertaining to it.

It is really going to tone down the responses to the "which stat is the one I need to focus on?" responses. At the very least, an answer will be "for your class and role, <insert primary stat> will be the one to gun after" instead of a long list of responses that requires a math degree to sort out.

Comment

Wow, sounds like cataclysm is being made a lot easier for us! Yay!

Some of the people on their just bitch and bitch and bitch. i found this mace for my warrior once - it was intended for a paladin and had a lot of intellect, but it also had higher strength and damage than my weapon, so i was like fuck it, i'll take it. every time someone specced me in a dungeon they bitched and bitched because i had the wrong weapon equipped. Fuck off douchebag! It's the best one available to me. I can't pull an arconite reaper out of my ass.

Comment

Originally posted by DrFaroohk View Post
              every time someone specced me in a dungeon they bitched and bitched because i had the wrong weapon equipped.
              and why the heck is it any of their business? Does it affect them in any manner? No. then they should seriously STFU and deal with the fact that people are different and will do things differently than they do/would.

Reminds me of when my husband was going to teach me how to play MTG(never happened-I got bored), he was going to construct me a decent deck-only catch it was going to be the "death by cute" deck-yes every card had to be of something cute-I had quite a few picked out or modified....(frogamites and blinkmoths are adorable...)
              Registered rider scenic shore 150 charity ride

Comment

Heh, Fiance belongs to a rather large and well-known guild on the server. Somebody in an instance was nagging him about his gear score. He finally said, "My gear score is (guild), bitch." That shut 'em up.

The new stats thing sounds awesome, because that still confuses the high holy hell out of me. Intellect? Agility? Which one???? Gah.

Comment

Wow obsessives annoy the hell out of me. -.- I know a few online, and one guy used to bug me about joining, telling me I'd love it, etc etc. Now, I'm not about to trash WoW or anything; I understand that to someone who loves it, it's the best thing ever, but it's just not my thing. I don't want to join cuz I'm not interested. However, some people just can't understand that, and think that anyone who doesn't want to join just needs converting.

Eventually tho, the guy who was bugging me all the time stopped; I told him that he was acting like Leroy Jenkins. XXD
                  "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

Comment

Lace, he probably just wanted the Recruit-a-Friend rocket.

Comment

The what? O_o Is it something you get from dragging new victims into Wow?

Comment

Yeah, let's see if I can explain it without it going straight into gutter talk...

You remember the old Roadrunner cartoons, where Wiley E. Coyote would ride an acme rocket to chase after the roadrunner? Okay, now picture this thing as steel instead, no fuse but a jet engine, and two seats built in like a biplane. Oh, and this thing is controllable.

Now that the explanation is out of the way, this is the prize you get as a mount (like a horse) if you send a special code to a friend and they input it in in their account screen and purchase game time.

It's not uncommon for someone to create a second account, use the code, buy the bare minimum time for their main account to get the rocket, then cancel the newly created account.

Comment

OMG u r teh newb! U dont hav a bajillinty gs... Newb. I r hardcore n raid 24/7 i r teh l337

*twitches* I hate cookie cutter builds and that you are suppose to raid 247 and omg dont afk in a group though I tell them I have a 8mo baby who unlike the game if I dont tend to have dire rl consequence. No I dont need a bigger epeen and just because you have the purples does not make your play style any more or less valid then mine.

Comment

Originally posted by lordlundar View Post
                            Yeah, let's see if I can explain it without it going straight into gutter talk...

You remember the old Roadrunner cartoons, where Wiley E. Coyote would ride an acme rocket to chase after the roadrunner? Okay, now picture this thing as steel instead, no fuse but a jet engine, and two seats built in like a biplane. Oh, and this thing is controllable.

Now that the explanation is out of the way, this is the prize you get as a mount (like a horse) if you send a special code to a friend and they input it in in their account screen and purchase game time.

It's not uncommon for someone to create a second account, use the code, buy the bare minimum time for their main account to get the rocket, then cancel the newly created account.
                            Lol, that's naughty. XD Sounds like the people on Gaia who create a zillion mule accounts just to get loads of free gifts.

Comment

I've pretty much quit playing my 80s because of this attitude amongst players. Everything is about gear score and achievements. It's all about the "Look at me, Look at me!!!!" or the "he who dies with the most toys wins" mentalities. Now, i'm leveling up my alts to be ready for the xpac. All of that Tier 10 or ICC gear is going to be replaced with greens once the xpac is released anyway. I don't know about you, but I don't enjoy paying to waste my time.

CH
                              Some People Are Alive Only Because It's Illegal To Kill Them.

Comment

Working...
                              X